Math Learning Center
Summer 2023 Hours and Contact Info
Face-to-Face Service Hours:
- Monday–Thursday, 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
Online Service Hours:
- Monday–Thursday, 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
Math Learning Center Weekly Walk-In Schedule
Program Director, Math Learning Center
122 Student Success Center
On this page:
- Calculator Rental Program
- Math Learning Center Appointment Scheduling
- Review Sessions
- Online Learning Resources
The Math Learning Center helps you become a more skilled, confident, and independent learner of mathematics. We provide a welcoming and supportive environment that empowers you to engage in conversations that deepen your knowledge and understanding of mathematics.
The center provides individualized student evaluation and instruction from a full-time director and a staff of student employees who are knowledgeable of best tutoring practices. To coordinate appropriate student assistance, the center collaborates with other departments and programs.
We look forward to your participation and hope that the Math Learning Center becomes an integral part of your academic success. Come early and often, as our services are free to Wright State students!
Peer tutoring is available for the following courses:
- CS 1160, 1180, 1181
- CS 2200
- DEV 0270, 0280, 0415, 0450, & 0600
- EC 1050
- EGR 1010
- ISE 2211
- MS 2040 & 2050
- MTH 1270, 1280, 1350, 1450, 2240, 2280, 2300, 2310, 2320, 2330, 2350, 2415, 2435, 2530, 2570 & 2800
- STT 1600 & 2640
Drop-in procedures for the Math Learning Center:
- Upon entering the Math Learning Center, log in at the computer station.
- The math tutors are wearing a black lanyard and name tag. Please feel free to ask a staff member or the front desk for help finding a math tutor if needed.
- Raise your hand when you are ready for assistance!
- Upon leaving the Math Learning Center, log out at the computer station.
Tips to help make your visit to the Math Learning Center successful:
- Get acquainted with the math tutors. Find one or more math tutors you work well with.
- Consult the schedule online or posted in the center to find out when a particular staff member will be working.
- Talk and work with other students in the center who have similar questions.
- Visit the center consistently throughout the semester.
- Don't wait until exam weeks to come in. There will be more opportunities for individual attention during non-exam weeks.
- Check the center web page for special review sessions for your course.
- Make sure you have reviewed your notes and tried the problem ahead of time.
- Have questions ready. Be proactive asking questions.
- The tutoring session is about building on your understanding and is not a place to get answers.
- Do not expect the tutors to develop a lecture over the material. They are here to clarify misunderstandings on course material and to answer questions.
Calculator Rental Program
NOTE: TI-83 & TI-84 Plus Graphing Calculators are sold out for the Spring 2023 Semester!!!
The calculator rental program allows you to check out a graphing, scientific, or finance calculator for the entire semester. If you wish to borrow a calculator, complete a rental-agreement form and pay a refundable $20 deposit (PAYABLE BY CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD ONLY. CASH WILL NO LONGER BE ACCEPTED). Forms are available in the Math Learning Center.
To pick up your calculator:
- Pay your refundable deposit here: Calculator rental program.
- Print your receipt.
- Bring your printed receipt to the Math Learning Center (122 Student Success Center).
To return your calculator:
To return your calculator, come to the Math Learning Center (122 Student Success Center) or mail your calculator in a padded envelope to the following address:
Division of Student Success
122A Student Success Bldg.
3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy.
Dayton, OH 45435
Texas Instruments GuideBooks/Manuals
Math Learning Center Appointment Scheduling
How to schedule appointments:
- Go to EAB Navigate (RAPS). Sign in with your Wright State University account information.
- Select “Schedule Appointment”.
- Select “Academic Support”.
- Select “Math/Stat Appointment”
- Pick A Date
- Select “Find Available Time”
- Select tutor or if you don't have a preference, then do not make any changes.
- Select the course that you would like to receive tutoring for. Click Next.
- Select an appointment time and day. Click Next.
- Select meeting type.
- Review. Add any comments or reminders. Click “Schedule.”
- An email confirmation and meeting invite will be sent.
How to prepare for your online appointment:
- Review instructions for Join a Teams Meeting.
- Be sure to log-in to Microsoft Teams early, and find a good quiet place to work with minimal distractions in the background.
- Checking-in/out of your appointment
If you need to cancel a Math Learning Center appointment:
- Email the Math Learning Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 937-775-2273.
- Email your tutor.
Late cancelation and no-show policy: Two consecutive no-show or late cancelations may result in appointments being released.
Review sessions are regularly scheduled, informal sessions in which students compare notes, discuss readings, develop organizational tools, and become better prepared for exams. Students learn how to integrate course content and study skills while working together. The sessions are facilitated by a Math Learning Center Tutor, offered at no additional cost, and open to anyone who is enrolled in the course.
|Course||MLC Leader||Session Day||Session Time||Session Location||RSVP Link|
Online Learning Resources
- Explore math lessons and interactive utilities at the following sites:
- Excel for Windows Training