Remote Service Resources
On this page:
Tutoring Services works to provide support for frequently-requested courses numbered 3000 and below. tutors and study coaches help students develop a deeper understanding of class material, and gain successful skills that can improve their overall GPA. Study Coaching is an excellent way to get personalized solutions to the challenges of online and in-person courses.
- Appointments will be arranged for 1 hour per week of tutoring or study coaching per course at no charge.
- Individual or small group tutoring is available by appointment.
- Students can request and be matched for appointments with tutors and study coaches on staff throughout the term.
- Late cancellation and no-show fees of $30 per instance apply.
Appointment requests and inquiries will be responded to Monday–Friday 8 a.m.–5 p.m. Contact Tutoring Services at 937-775-5770 or email@example.com.
Schedule an online appointment
Tutoring and study coaching can be requested using the Tutoring Services Online Request form. Sign-up for Spring Semester 2021 will start on Book-it Day, January 15, at 9 a.m.
If you need to cancel a Tutoring Services appointment
- Email the Academic Success Centers at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 937-775-5770.
- Email your tutor.
You can use one message to email email@example.com and your tutor. Either way, you must contact Tutoring Services to cancel.
Schedule an online appointment (Available January 19)
- Go to Bookings. Sign-in with your Wright State email.
- Select service. This is the course that you would like to receive tutoring for.
- Select an appointment time and day.
- Add your details and any notes. Please use your full name and Wright State email.
- Click “Book.”
- An email confirmation and meeting invite will be sent.
How to prepare for your online appointment
- Review instructions for Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.
If you need to cancel a Math Learning Center appointment
- Email the Math Learning Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 937-775-2273.
- Email your tutor.
You can use one message to email email@example.com and your tutor. Either way, you must contact the Math Learning Center to cancel.
Help with a quick math or statistics question
If you have a quick question and do not want to schedule an online appointment with a tutor, then asynchronous (not live) feedback will also be provided by the Math Learning Center. Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and place the course title in the subject heading.
A math tutor will review your question, and provide written feedback. We know that responding promptly is important to you so we will make every effort to respond within 24 hours, but we cannot guarantee a response in that timeframe.
All questions are given a 30-minute review appointment. The math tutor will review as much as they can in the 30-minute session. If you need additional help or extended follow-up then please consider scheduling an online Math Learning Center Appointment.
To request writing support from a writing coach, please complete the following form:
Tips for Success
Writing Center sessions are offered in two ways: 1) through a video chat meeting in real-time, and 2) through an email response system. All requests are given a 60-minute review appointment, so please consider limiting the length of your document. Your coach will review as much as they can in the 60-minute session, but we cannot guarantee they will be able to review the entire document, particularly for longer assignments. Additional/follow-up sessions can be scheduled.
While we will not write or edit your work for you, working with a writing coach can help you recognize the strengths and weaknesses in a piece of writing, organize your ideas, develop content, and learn how to properly integrate and cite information from sources.
We know that responding promptly is important to you so we will make every effort to respond within 24 hours, but we cannot guarantee a response in that timeframe. For both video chat sessions and email-based sessions, you will receive an email notifying you of the time of your appointment.
- If you request a video chat session, a writing coach will contact you at the time of your appointment. Your session will take place as a video conference in Microsoft Teams. More information will be provided in your appointment notification.
- Please note that you can join the video meeting from any device, whether you’ve used Microsoft Teams in the past or not. More information can be found here: Joining a Teams Meeting
- If you request an email-based session, A writing coach will review your request and attached document and provide written feedback. You can expect a response from email@example.com, with comments on a Microsoft Word document attachment.
Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.