The Latino Center seeks to be a home for past, current, and future students, as well as a place for students to find their familia and role models on campus. The office aids all Wright State University colleges in the recruitment, retention, and connection of Latino students, faculty, and staff. Lastly, the office serves as a bridge between the university and the community in order to empower Latinos to be catalysts for leading sustainable change in our various, integrated, and diverse communities.
The Latino Center fosters a supportive environment that enhances the success of Latino students and the Latino community. We will recruit, retain, empower, graduate, and advance Latino/Hispanic students at Wright State University.
Wright State University's Latino Center will be a model for the Midwest to raise the level of educational attainment in the Latino community.
The WSU Latino Center is strongly committed to the following:
- Providing a safe space for all students irrespective of class, sexual orientation, nationality, citizenship, or immigrant status
- Increasing academic, social, and leadership opportunities for Latino/Hispanic students at WSU
- Increasing collaborative efforts amongst Latino/Hispanic faculty, staff, students, and community
- Increasing awareness of the value of family involvement in a student's educational journey and engaging the family through outreach initiatives
- Aiding in the increase of Latino/Hispanic student retention, persistence, course completion and graduation rates
- Increasing awareness of the Latino/Hispanic student experience
Our Events and Services
- Festivities Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month
- The Amigos Latinos Gala
- Events on campus to build community/expose campus to the Latino Culture
- Collaborations with the local Latino Community
- Latino Success Peer Mentorship Program
- Latino Si Se Puede UVC First Year Seminar Course
- Latino Student Visit Day
- Latino Student Graduation Ceremony
Catherine Amaris Hernandez Hogan, M.Ed.