The LGBTQA Center was founded in January 2015 by students who saw the need for more support and space for LGBTQA+ students at Wright State University. We strive to create a more inclusive Wright State University and greater Dayton community. We affirm and celebrate all LGBTQA+ identities and the complex intersections of all identities in our communities. We are open to all and we hope you take some time to stop by and learn more about our many services, programs, and opportunities for community engagement.
Learn more about and register for our educational programs.
- Our Voices Panel Program
- Safe Space Ally Development Network
- Spectrum Sessions
- Unicornship Peer Mentor Program
Community Engagement Room
Our Community Engagement Room is located in 147 Millett Hall.
Learn more about the room.
Visit our social media sites to follow our events and updates.
The LGBTQA Center serves all Wright State students, staff, faculty, and alumni through four core tenants: advocacy, community engagement, education, and success. We accomplish these tenants by:
- Advocacy: We recommend and maintain best institutional policies and practices that ensure the holistic development and success of the LGBTQ and ally communities at Wright State University.
- Community Engagement: We facilitate cultural programs, advising, and supporting student organizations, and fostering relationships with the greater Dayton community.
- Education: We produce multiple educational opportunities for the Wright State community to develop a stronger understanding of the complex intersections of identity, culture, and social justice allyship.
- Success: We provide resources and support that assist and affirm LGBTQ and ally Wright State students, staff, and faculty to persist to their academic and professional goals.
We envision a campus community that is inclusive and affirming of all gender and sexual identities and a campus that is proactive in working to eliminate heterosexism and cissexism through an intersectional and social justice approach.
Emily Jane Yantis-Houser, M.Ed.
Campus Pride Index Premier Campus
Wright State University is a premier campus, earning four out of five stars in the Campus Pride Index, a national listing of LGBTQ-friendly colleges and universities. The index is an overall indicator of institutional commitment to LGBTQ-inclusive policy, program, and practice.