How to Request Accommodations
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended, and Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, the Office of Disability Services (ODS) coordinates reasonable accommodations for Wright State University faculty and staff and applicants for employment at Wright State with qualifying disabilities through an interactive process. To request a reasonable accommodation per the ADA, an individual should self-disclose their request to ODS. This can be done in person (180 University Hall, Dayton Campus), via phone (937-775-5680), via U.S. mail to the address listed below or via fax (937-775-5699).
To receive accommodations, students must complete a confidential registration process with ODS.
- Newly admitted Wright State students should start this process once they have received notice of admission.
- Currently enrolled Wright State students should connect with ODS as soon as a need for accommodation arises.
Faculty and Staff
To be eligible for services through ODS, individuals will be asked to provide supporting documentation of their disability by completing the Employee Accommodation Request Form (DOCX) and the Employee Accommodation Request Form: Medical Information (DOCX). The Employee Accommodation Request Form should be completed by the employee and returned to ODS. The employee should give the Employee Accommodation Request: Medical Information Form to their licensed medical provider and ask their licensed medical provider to complete the form and return it to ODS. These two forms are used to collect the following information:
- The medical condition
- How the medical condition may impact the individual
- What are the recommended accommodations, if any, that will help the individual perform the essential functions of their academic program or employment position
- Any other information relevant to promoting an equitable experience for the individual in the university setting
For more information related to disability accommodations, please contact the ODS director at 937-775-5680.
ADA accommodation request forms may be faxed to 937-775-5699 or sent to the Office of Disability Services, Wright State University, 180 University Hall, 3640 Colonel Glenn Highway, Dayton, Ohio 45435. For privacy purposes, please do not submit completed forms to ODS via email.
Applicants for Employment at Wright State
To request a reasonable accommodation per the ADA as amended, to participate in any part of the employment process (including, but not limited to, submitting an application and participating in an interview process), please contact ODS at 937-775-5680 or email@example.com.