On this page:
24-Hour Phone Support
Students in need of help are encouraged to call the 24/7 on-call phone number for Student Advocacy and Wellness.
Wright State University is committed to preventing, detecting, and correcting violations of law and university policy.
Our office is open:
Monday—Friday, 8:30 a.m.—5 p.m.
In-person appointments are available upon request.
The Office of Student Advocacy and Wellness (formerly known as Student Support Services) is an extension of Counseling and Wellness Services. Our office serves as a resource center for students and aims to help students help themselves overcome obstacles that may negatively impact their academic experience. One of our main goals is to help students be successful by providing them with the most accurate and appropriate information possible in order for them to make informed decisions for themselves. We also strive to continuously engage with our students through our outreach and programming efforts. We work hard to provide informative and engaging programming to students through classroom presentations and campus-wide events.
To increase students' ability to thrive by fostering empowerment and holistic wellness necessary to overcome barriers to success.
Our office strives to provide holistic and inclusive student advocacy services to the students we work with. We feel it is important to communicate with our students that our office is truly an advocacy office, meaning we cannot do anything for the student and we cannot "fix" issues that students encounter. What we can do, though, is offer support, resources and education to the students we work with to help them overcome challenges using their own strengths. The advocates in our office provide the following support services:
- Direct General Student Advocacy and Support Line (call/text)
- Housing resources
- Food insecurity resources
- Academic support resources
- Financial support resources
- Health and wellness support, education, and resources
We are committed to celebrating the diversity on our campus and providing inclusive and culturally appropriate advocacy services to our students. To do our best in ensuring inclusivity in our services, our staff is committed to taking these action steps to provide quality student services:
- Students will be treated with respect and dignity, no matter what.
- Student concerns will be addressed in a timely and professional manner.
- Each staff member will listen effectively, provide accurate information, and support student rights to make informed decisions for themselves.
- Collaboration with staff, faculty, and community stakeholders in order to best meet the needs of our students.
- Engage in ongoing professional development and service evaluation to stay abreast of issues facing the diverse college student population as well as ensure services continue to be inclusive and effective.