Coronavirus Update

COVID-19 Update: All academic classes will be held remotely for summer semester. Physical access to Dayton and Lake campuses is restricted to essential personnel. Read more.

Retirees Association

News and Announcements

See also:


Skip Leeds

Jun 6, 2020

".. all we’ve managed to do is confine the infection to 3%. As soon as you let up on restrictions, the remaining 97% will be exposed."



Strike Day 14

Jun 5, 2020

“Our negotiator is a music professor. They (the university) already have two or three attorneys on their team — and they are calling in another.”



Athletics logo

Jun 4, 2020

"We’ve been tasked in athletics at Wright State with $2 million in cuts — and that’s a lot. It’s about 20 percent," Athletic Director Bob Grant says.



Center Road sign

Jun 3, 2020

“As has been the governing principle since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and wellness of our students and employees has been our number one priority."



Jun 2, 2020

The CARES Act and the other federal Covid-19 relief bills, despite their problems, have done much to prevent the economic downturn from being significantly worse.



WSU rock says Unity

Jun 1, 2020

“It hurts me as a black man to see so many people and so many images out there of people that look like me getting killed,” Arthur Miller said.



Guardian photo of Bart

Jun 1, 2020

The Student Government Association (SGA) and Black Student Union (BSU) joined together for a statement on the events in Minneapolis.



May 30, 2020

Glen Solomon, chair of internal medicine at Boonshoft School of Medicine, said “we honestly don’t know for certain” why local death rates have been comparatively low.



Dawnes Dewey with Tom Hanks

May 28, 2020

“The one thing that has always struck me about Dayton’s history is that ordinary people, going about their lives, did some pretty extraordinary things.”



Joe Smith and Allie LaForce

May 26, 2020

“We’re just trying to bring some good into the world,” said Joe Smith, a former star pitcher at Wright State and current stalwart of the Houston Astros.



Pages