Coronavirus Update

All academic classes will be held remotely for summer semester and course information indicates whether they have set meet times or no meet times. Physical access to Dayton and Lake campuses is restricted to essential personnel. Read more.

Schools for Dependents

In order to register a child for school in Ohio the following three things are needed:

  1. Original Immigration Documentation of child including a Passport, I-20 or DS-2019, and a Visa
  2. An up-to-date vaccination history with the listed vaccination as established by the Ohio Department of Health Immunization
  3. Proof of Ohio residence which includes a Lease or Contract of place of residency (On and Off Campus) and a Utility Bill Addressed to person at place of residency

Residency will determine where the child can go to school. Most likely the following two school districts:

In order to register a child for school it would be best to contact the board of education office of the intended district and let them know that you have a new student to register. They will then direct you to the appropriate school. It is also important to mention the need for any ESL services that the child/children may require. The Federal government requires that all public schools provide ESL services for those students that require them. Additionally, bus services are provided for k-12 students. When the child/children are registered the school will work out the bus route.

There is also a district registration form that needs to be filled out prior to taking the child/children to register. The form can be downloaded and printed from each school’s respective website.