Upon arrival at Wright State University, you have to purchase a proper health insurance in compliance with J-1 Visa for you and your family members. Without appropriate health insurance you will not be in compliance with your J-Visa requirements and the UCIE will not be able to validate your status in the United States. The specific requirements for coverage are:
- $100,000 medical benefits per accident or illness.
- $25,000 repatriation of remains.
- $50,000 medical evacuation to home country.
- $500 ceiling on deductible per illness or accident.
Furthermore, the insurance corporation underwriting the insurance policy must meet or exceed the following ratings:
- an A.M. Best rating of 'A-'; OR
- an Insurance Solvency International, Ltd. (ISI) rating of 'A-i'; OR
- a Standard & Poor’s claims-paying ability rating of 'A-'; OR
- a Weiss Research, Inc. rating of 'B+'
Please remember that if you have arrived with a spouse or dependents that you will need to purchase insurance coverage for them as well. If you purchased an insurance policy in your home country that will provide coverage to you in the U.S., please bring an English translation copy of your coverage.
The following is a list of resources that can be utilized to research health insurance coverage options for you and your family.
- The Harbour Group
- ISO Insurance
- International Student Insurance
- Tokio Marine HCC Medical Insurance Services
- International SOS
- PGH Global
- Students on F-1 "OPT" or J-1 "AT" can also purchase a special health insurance plan from the web site below if your employment does not provide health insurance www.internationalstudentinsurance.com/opt/