We’ll provide project management from initial planning to finished products and serve as liaisons between faculty and multiple service departments involved in a project. The following list includes a sample of the variety of services we offer:
- PowerPoint lectures and screencasts recorded as narrated videos for the Flipped Classroom
- Video and audio digitization of analog formats and multimedia file conversion
- Custom instructional animations for the classroom or web
- Quicktime "virtual reality" movies that allow 360-degree rotation and panning
- Digital art and illustrations for PowerPoint
- Documents prepared for the web
- 3D scanning
Training and Consultation
In addition to one-on-one consultations, we offer instructional workshops for faculty and staff who want to build their own multimedia and web-based materials. We also research, evaluate, and recommend hardware and software for distance learning and multimedia production and delivery.
The Center for Teaching and Learning has a diverse collection of stock photos, clip art, and music for multimedia projects. We also subscribe to a variety of multimedia publications.
Emerging Technologies Lab
For those with an interest in learning to create their own multimedia materials, we also offer a space for faculty called the Emerging Technologies lab. This facility features a modest number of stations with access to professional software and accessories to create dynamic screencasts, podcasts, videos, and other forms of engaging multimedia with hands-on assistance from CTL staff.