Wright State faculty and staff may check out media equipment from the CaTS Classroom Technology Support office located in 017 Dunbar Library. Students can also check out equipment, but must have faculty/staff approval to do so.
This page describes checkout procedures and lists available equipment.
CaTS also offers delivery of media equipment to any Registrar-scheduled class in the class's Registrar-scheduled room. Learn more on the Equipment Delivery page.
Ordering Equipment for Checkout
Equipment that is checked out must be picked up and returned by the patron at the CaTS Classroom Technology Support office in 017 Dunbar Library. You may reserve equipment by phone, mail, or in person:
- Phone: (937) 775-3162
- Location: Classroom Technology Support office, 017 Dunbar Library
- Business Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Equipment Request Form (PDF) - Faculty & Staff: We highly recommend that you call or stop by our office to order equipment instead of using this form.
- Equipment is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. For your convenience, scheduled pickup and return times are indicated on the paperwork provided with your checkout.
- Orders should be placed during regular business hours (8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday).
- No checkouts will be available before 8:30 a.m., and no returns will be accepted after 5:00 p.m.
- Orders must be picked up no later than 1 hour after the scheduled pickup time. If not picked up, item will be returned to our inventory and the order cancelled.
- Limit of three like items per checkout. Example: one order can have three video cameras and three tripods.
- Some equipment is not available in quantities greater than one. A CTS representative will notify you of these items as needed.
- Each equipment checkout is limited to three days, including the day of checkout.
- Checkout extensions are made on a case by case basis.
Service fees for labor and equipment are not assessed for equipment that is checked out through the CaTS Classroom Technology Support office. However, equipment picked up at the Service Desk becomes the responsibility of the patron until returned to the CaTS. Financial responsibility for equipment that is lost, stolen, destroyed, or damaged while checked out will rest with the patron. The amount of financial responsibility for lost, stolen or destroyed items will be the replacement cost of said items. The amount of financial responsibility for damaged items will be the cost of parts and labor necessary to repair said the items.
This is an approximate list of equipment available for checkout from CaTS.
- Digital Camcorder
- Camera Tripod
- VHS/DVD/Monitor Unit
- Digital Camera
- Cassette Recorder
- Boom box (w/headphones)
- Portable Video Projector
- Screen (tripod, various sizes)
- PC Laptop Computer
- Mac Laptop Computer
- Wireless Microphone (for use in auditoriums)
- Flip Chart
- Tegrity Microphone
- Digital Voice Recorder
- VHS Camcorder
- 42'' Plasma Screen Monitor
- VHS to DVD Conversion Cart
Showing Movies or TV Shows in the Classroom: Did you know that the license for that movie you "bought" may only allow you to show it at home, not on campus? Did you know that recording a TV program off the air may only allow you to show it at home, not on campus? For more information, see: