Title IX and Gender Based Violence

I have been accused

If you believe or have been notified that you have or will be accused of a gender-based offense, it is important that you preserve evidence. The Sex/Gender-Based Harassment, Discrimination, and Sexual Misconduct Policy defines offenses and provides a description of what constitutes consent. This information will help you to understand the type of evidence you may want to preserve and witnesses who be able to help you in making your case. It must be recognized that the accused in a University disciplinary investigation has certain rights as outlined within the Code of Student Conduct. A presumption of responsibility of a violation is not made as the result of any allegation(s).

If you believe that you may be accused, you might want to consider consulting with a lawyer. You may have an advisor to support you in the resolution process. A lawyer may serve as a advisor but may not participate in the hearing.

If a complaint is filed for action through University policy, you will be notified by the Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct and/or The Office of Equity and Inclusion. The process will be explained to you and you will be informed of your rights and what will be required of you in the process. You must understand that retaliation is prohibited and you may be asked to have no contact personally, through another party, or via any kind of electronic medium with the complainant.

Going through the process of resolving a gender-based conduct complaint, can be very stressful. You are encouraged to seek support. Counseling and Wellness Services is available to any student. You may be able to receive these services free of charge. You may also contact Student Legal Services for support.