On this page:
- Wright State on-campus employers must post all jobs in Handshake.
- Review all pages in the On-Campus Student Employment section of the Career Services website.
- To request an on-campus employer account in Handshake for posting on-campus student employment jobs, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submitting a request directly to Handshake will delay your access.
Wright State is committed to equity and inclusion and we invite your active participation in creating a campus educational community and workplace environment that celebrates and enjoys the gift of diversity. By working with Career Services, you agree to accept and comply with our guidelines and procedures, including NACE Principles for Professional Practice and EEO. Wright State has in place a non-discrimination and anti-harassment policy. The facilities and services of Career Services are available to those employers whose practices are consistent with this policy.
Career Services fosters relationships between employers and our students, alumni, faculty, and staff. We want to help you hire our talented students and alumni to meet your immediate and long-term needs while growing your business. We can help you post internship, co-op and career opportunities as well as generalist positions that accommodate currently-enrolled student schedules. Contact us to learn about attending events, scheduling on-campus visits, conducting on-campus interviews. to recruit your next great hire.
- When submitting your request for a staff member account, Handshake will ask you to connect your request to your employer name.
- Please search for various spellings or representations of your employer name.
- If you do not find the employer name but believe that it exists in Handshake, email career.wright.edu for assistance locating the correct Employer Profile before you create an Employer Profile.
- To request your staff member account:
- Visit Handshake
- Select the Employer account type
- Fill out the information requested and select Sign Up
- If you're a third party recruiter select Yes
- Verify your account via the email sent by Handshake.
External (off-campus) employers are encouraged to post internship, cooperative education, and career positions requiring college education as well as generalist positions that accommodate currently-enrolled student schedules.
- Select the Jobs module in your Handshake account.
- Select Create Job button.
- When reposting a job to collect a new applicant pool, simply select the More Actions button and select Duplicate Job from the dropdown menu.
- Edit all fields and sections to reflect updates.
- Complete job posting form
- In preferences, select specific Major Categories - students report more interest in job postings with majors selected that are relevant to their studies.
- In School section, specify Wright State University to add schools and specify posting dates.
- Recommended: set apply start date and expiration date of job posting to less than one year.
Practical work experience as an undergraduate is viewed as an important part of our students’ education. We welcome the opportunity to partner with our employers who are interested in posting practical work experience positions that take place throughout the year, either on a full-time or part-time basis.
Paid Experiences: Career Services strongly encourages employers to offer paid experiences for students. Not sure how much you should pay students during the internship? We encourage you to view information from the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) regarding recent survey results about Average Salaries for Interns.
Unpaid Experiences: Career Services follows the guidelines and principles of the NACE regarding the posting of unpaid internship positions. Employers are strongly encouraged to review:
Interested in coming to campus? You can request a recruiting event or on-campus interviews through Handshake.
- On-campus interviews: Email email@example.com to inquire about conducting on-campus interviews.
- Career fairs: Send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visibility on campus: a variety of opportunities exist to raise your visibility on campus, through collaboration with a Career Services Career Consultant.
A variety of state, regional, national and international organizations offer membership, benchmarking, and networking information for employers.