On this page:
Find your First Destination Survey
Pending & Recent Graduates:
- Inside your Handshake account, select the Career Center module.
- On the Career Center page, select First Destination.
- On the First Destination Surveys page, complete and submit your survey.
- Your survey link is unique to you.
Wright State University asks soon-to-graduate students and recent graduates to complete a First Destination Survey. Surveys are conducted online and based on national standards.
Career Services administers the First Destination Survey for each graduating class, in collaboration with Institutional Research and Effectiveness.
Students who are pending and recent graduates are sent an email from Handshake, to their wright.edu address, with a link to the survey. The First Destination Survey also becomes available to graduating students inside the Career Center module of their Handshake account and remains open for six months. While the survey remains open, recent graduates are sent reminder emails to complete or update their information.
Wright State faculty, staff, and administrators may contribute to the success of the First Destination Survey by encouraging graduating students to log in to Handshake and submit or update First Destination information.
After the close of the survey, collected data is forwarded to Institutional Research and Effectiveness for verification and aggregation. After the close of each academic year, aggregated data is published on this web page.
First Destination Survey responses become part of a Wright State composite portrait of student outcomes:
- Informing Wright State faculty and staff about their effect on student success.
- Providing answers to outcomes-related questions posed by prospective students.
- Answering requests from organizations that accredit or rank Wright State programs.
Internal, college-level requests for other student information should be directed to Institutional Research and Effectiveness.