On this page:
Because of the duties and responsibilities of certain positions and a wide variety of campus activities, faculty, staff, students, and volunteers need to drive university-owned, leased, loaned, or rented vehicles while conducting university business. There are driver approval guidelines and a specific online process that must be followed if individuals plan to drive on behalf of the university. University Policy 9210 includes the details, so please review the policy prior to driving.
In order to assist individuals through the driver approval process and the responsibilities associated with driving for Wright State, a summary of the required online steps and other important information is outlined below.
Access the Electronic Driver Application Form (e-DAF)
- Please complete the Electronic Driver Application Form at least 2 weeks prior to leaving on your university-related business trip. Note: Drivers of personally owned vehicles need not apply.
- Click on the Electronic Driver Application Form link and enter your campus username and password.
- NOTE: If filling out the form on behalf of someone else, you must obtain a copy of the paper form, have the applicant complete and sign it, and retain it on file in the originating department. This becomes proof the applicant permits access to their Motor Vehicle Record.
Complete the Form
- Enter UID and name as it appears in Banner. If an applicant is a Pre-Screen, Contractor, or Volunteer, leave the field UID field blank.
- Enter a Wright State email address. Wright State email is preferable as delivery cannot be guaranteed for outside email.
- Enter date of birth and the applicant’s classification using the drop down menu.
- Enter the applicant’s driver license issuing state and driver license number correctly. Note: The Ohio driver license number format is two alpha characters and six numeric characters.
- A primary approver is required and is usually the applicant’s supervisor or departmental representative. A secondary approver is optional. Upon submission of the application, approvers will receive an automated email asking them to approve the application. In order to avoid processing delays, approvers should approve the application promptly. Note: Applicants of student organizations must obtain electronic approval from the Director of Student Life or authorized department representative through the electronic application process.
- Read the terms and conditions and click the “Agree” box, scroll down and click ‘Save’.
Maintaining Approved Driver Status
Approved drivers will receive an automated email approximately 1 year from the date of original application. The email will prompt the driver to re-submit a completed Electronic Driver Application. This ensures that only individuals needing to drive during the next 12 month period maintain approved status and that any inaccurate or out-of-date information can be corrected. If you have no plans to drive in the next 12 months, DO NOT renew your approval.
View the List of Approved Drivers
A list of Approved Drivers is available. The list is always current with real-time information. If you have a question about the status of a driver, please contact Risk Management at (937) 775-3908.
- Employees required to drive as required by their job description and others who drive leased, loaned, or rented vehicles must be aware of the university’s accident reporting requirements per University Policy 9210.
- Each driver should make sure a copy of the Accident Reporting Kit (PDF) is in the vehicle glove compartment.
- Drivers of university vehicles should make sure to carry a copy of the insurance card in the glove box.
Rental Car Agreement
- Wright State offers special rates for Wright State business and personal use through its preferred rental car providers.
- When using the rental for business purposes, the preferred daily rate includes insurance. If not using a preferred rental car provider, please refer to University Policy 9210 for rental insurance requirements.
- Visit Procurement and Contact Services for additional information.
A renewal email will be sent to approved drivers near the anniversary date of the most recent application. To renew the application, please click on the link in the email and log in to edit the information and submit the application.