Veteran and Military Admissions

Application Dates and Process

On this page:

Application Dates

Undergraduate Admission Application Dates and Deadlines

Application Process for All Military and Veteran Students

Apply to Wright State


Apply to the university.

Undergraduate application fees are waived for Veterans.


Request college transcripts.

Request transcripts from all the institutions that you have attended, including Advanced Placement (AP), CLEP, DANTES Standardized Subject Test, and Excelsior College Credit-by-exam and have final transcripts sent to:

Office of Admissions
Wright State University
3640 Colonel Glenn Highway
Dayton, OH 45435

To avoid duplication of courses, all transcripts should be submitted as soon as they are available.

Transfer Students: Speak to an advisor in the Transfer Student Center about your majors, transfer credits, and educational/personal goals. If you have more than 90 quarter/60 semester hours and know your intended major, or have taken major-related or technical courses, you may contact the appropriate college/department directly. But if you are undecided about your major, the Transfer Student Center will be more beneficial for you.


Request military transcripts.

Request transcripts for eligible military training credits (CCAF, & JST) and have final transcripts sent to:

Office of Admissions
Wright State University
3640 Colonel Glenn Highway
Dayton, OH 45435

To avoid duplication of courses, all transcripts should be submitted as soon as they are available.

Wright State awards college credit for basic military training. All eligible credits must be recognized by the American Council on Education (ACE), who recommends appropriate credit hours to be awarded.

Apply for Benefits


Go to for the Veterans Online Application.


First-Time Applicants:

  • Select the “Apply for Benefits” tab.
  • Select “Apply for Benefits,” then select the “Apply Online” link. 
  • You will be taken to a screen with “Which Form do you Need to Use”
  • Servicemembers and veterans (non-Voc Rehab) will click “Apply with Form 22-1990.” Vocational Rehabilitation spouses and dependents will click “Apply on eBenefits.”

Servicemembers and Veterans Applying for Benefits Only:
On the “Apply for Education Benefits” homepage, select “Start Form 22-1990.” Fill in the requested information and complete the application. 


Voc Rehab/Spouse/Dependents Applying for Benefits Only:

  • You will be taken to the VONAPP homepage. Select “I Am A New Vonapp User.”
  • Read through the information and select “Continue” and “No, Create a Vonapp Account.”
  • Be sure to properly fill out all information.
  • When prompted to select which educational benefit and the corresponding form, please refer to the above table.    

For Transfer Students or Change of Program of Study Only:

  • Log in as a previous VONAPP user.
  • Select “Change Programs/Place of Training” from the drop-down menu. Be sure you submit the proper address for the campus where you plan to attend. If you are transferring to Wright State, you will need submit a new Certificate of Eligibility to the VMC to reflect Wright State as your new institution.
    • For Chapters 30, 1606, and Post 9/11, use VA Form 22-1995
    • For Chapter 35 benefits, use VA Form 22-5495

Additional Information for:

Active Duty Military


Have your Education Officer sign your Application for Educational Benefits.


Before the Post-9/11 GI Bill® program was signed into law, spouses and dependents had eligibility for education benefits through the Survivors and Dependents (DEA) program. Since August 2009, service members enrolled in the Post-9/11 GI Bill program have, for the first time in history, been able to transfer unused educational benefits to their spouses or children.


If you are a first-time applicant for VA education benefits, you will need to complete the following forms in addition to the Wright State forms below:

*If you have not received a file number and eligibility information from the VA, please contact the VA Regional Office for information at 1-888-442-4551.

Students who have received benefits at another College/University/Training Program will need to complete the following form in addition to the Wright State forms below:

Students who are currently receiving education benefits at Wright State University only need to complete a Veterans Enrollment Report each semester.

Wright State Forms


If you are the spouse or a dependent of a veteran or active-duty military personnel who is eligible for Post 911 GI Educational benefits, your spouse or parent needs to transfer benefits to you.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at