Current News and Events:
IMPORTANT: Leave Reporting/Timesheet Balance Information
This message is to advise you of an anomaly with the Timesheet/Leave Reporting system.
After a Timesheet or Leave Report has been APPROVED, there may be a misrepresentation of the Balance information that shows on the actual Report. You may see the following messages:
Possible Insufficient Leave Balance for Winter Leave. (Or Sick/Vacation Leave)
Warning: Entered leave hours exceeds leave balance.
We are instructing employees that see these messages after APPROVAL to view their balance information in the LEAVE BALANCES section of the Employee tab. Your balances will always reflect properly there.
However, if you see the warning messages BEFORE a timesheet or report is Submitted or Approved, you should heed them. Messages seen AFTER an Approval can be disregarded.
This is being reported to the software company as a defect, and hopefully they will address it in the near future.
Thank you for your patience in the interim.
Leave Reporting for Salaried Employees
- For information about Winter Leave, click here.
- Please remember that Submit For Approval should not be used to get permission for taking leave. Submit your Leave Report only when you've entered all hours for the month.
- Click Submit For Approval ONLY when close to the end of the month. For Winter Leave, follow the guidance referenced above.
- If you do Submit For Approval too soon, ask your approver to Return For Correction.
- Don’t Approve too early because Leave Balances will be updated! Approve closer to the end of the month. For Winter Leave, follow the guidance referenced above.
- If you need to Return For Correction, enter your Comments first.
The following tools are available to assist you:
HR Survey Feedback
Click Here For The Survey Tool
"How R we doing"
In consultation with Staff Council, HR's employee survey feedback tool, is open continuously for employee use. Leaving your name and contact information is optional; however we would encourage providing contact information so any questions or concerns can be addressed. Any questions or other feedback will be reported and follow up will occur as soon as possible or within three business days. HR will report the results of the feedback to Staff Council on a periodic basis. The survey is formatted as "How R we doing." This survey should allow HR to provide improved service to our employees, as well as an on-going communication and feedback mechanism.
Did you know Wright State
has a Staff Liaison?
Bondurant, Wright State University's Executive Director of
Organizational Development and Learning, is also the Staff
Liaison. Albert reports to the Office of the Provost and is
available to Classified and Unclassified staff (management
and non-management) for informal, one-on-one, neutral and
confidential advice/coaching sessions focused on
work-related concerns (e.g., conflict; communication; job
performance; internal career guidance; etc.).
Albert's contact information:
131N Allyn Hall