Veteran and Military Center


Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018

The Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018, requires all Institutions of Higher Learning (IHL), such as Wright State University, to confirm compliance with its requirements.

Any covered individual* is allowed to attend or participate in the course of education during the period beginning on the date on which the individual provides to the educational institution a certificate of eligibility for entitlement and completes any necessary** paperwork for educational assistance under Chapter 31 or 33 and ending on the earlier of the following dates:

  1. The date on which payment from the VA is made to the institution.
  2. 90 days after the date the institution certified tuition and fees following the receipt of the COE

Wright State University will not impose any:

  • penalty, including the assessment of late fees
  • the denial of access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities
  • the requirement that a covered individual borrow additional funds

on any covered individual because of the individual’s inability to meet his or her financial obligations to the institution due to the delayed disbursement of funding from the Department of Veterans Affairs under Chapters 31 Vocational Rehabilitation or 33 Post 9/11.

The Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018 is limited to the portion of funds paid by the VA for certified tuition and fees.

Note: Charges not covered by educational assistance for Chapter 31 or Chapter 33 are the student’s responsibility and is not included under The Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018. Penalties, including late fees and course cancellation, may be applied to the student’s account for unpaid charges not covered under Chapter 31 or Chapter 33. The student can bring their account into a paid status by paying their remaining balance in full or by enrolling in a payment plan by the term due date.

DoD Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)

Tuition Assistance Users:

Eiigible Service members must receive approval form an Educational Service Officer (ESO) or counselor within the Military Service prior to enrolling in Tuition Assistance (TA). Please send TA forms to for processing.