The process outlined below will be utilized for all new baccalaureate programs, associate programs, undergraduate certificates, minors, and micro-credentials. Concentrations will not be required to submit through the process.
Initiator completes Undergraduate Program Concept Form
Upon submission, an initial meeting will be scheduled between program proposer, their college leadership, the Registrar’s Office, the Provost’s Office, the Office of Finance. The purpose of this meeting will be to (1) review requirements for program creation, (2) manage the expectations of timelines, and (3) review institution, state, and accreditation requirements
Initiator enters information within Curriculog
Required within the system are several forms from the Ohio Department of Higher Education and Wright State University. Prepared forms will be attached within your proposal on Curriculog.
- Ohio Department of Higher Education—Full Proposal (PDF), which includes:
- Results of recent accreditation reviews
- Course syllabi
- Organizational Chart
- Faculty CVs
- Faculty/student handbooks (or link)
- Current catalog (or link)
- Wright State University’s Financial Impact
- Needs assessment/market analysis to determine a need for the program
Resources for assistance in completing Step 2:
- Registrar’s Office—assistance with Curriculog entry
- Provost’s Office
- Vice Provost of Assessment and Accreditation—assistance with formulating program learning outcomes; aligning program learning outcomes with curricular materials, course outcomes and assessments
- Vice Provost of Academic Affairs—curriculum questions; curricular mapping, assistance with the ODHE proposal template, etc.
- Office of Finance—assistance with financial impact statement
Office of the Provost submits Initial Inquiry (PDF) form to the Ohio Department of Higher Education
Program proposal follows review process in Curriculog
- Undergraduate Department or Program Curriculum Committee
- Department Chair / Program Director
- College Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
- University Undergraduate Curriculum Committee
- Faculty Senate
- Board of Trustees
*Registrar’s Office does not approve in Curriculog until step 6 has been completed. This ensures that degree programs are not created within the authoritative data system at Wright State University prior to state approval.
Program is presented to the Board of Trustees
Office of the Provost submits Program Proposal & Financial Impact Statement to the Ohio Department of Higher Education, if required.
Upon approval by the Ohio Department of Higher Education, the Registrar’s Office submits approval in Curriculog. The Registrar’s Office will finalize program approval process and the new program can begin marketing and admission process.
Curriculog sends a notification email of the approval program to the Office of Institutional Research, Marketing, Communications and other key offices.
If needed, the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) screening form will be completed after the Provost’s approval in Step 7. If additional HLC approval is required, the program will be notified of next steps.