About Power BI
Access to Power BI
Log in to Power BI using your campus username and password.
If you receive a message about a Trial license, please complete an Office365 ProPlus Request to upgrade the license.
Microsoft Power BI is a suite of business analytics tools used to analyze data and share insights. This interactive tool allows users to filter and visualize data to better understand and support business processes. As part of Microsoft Office 365, users will be able to access reports using campus credentials. If you are unable to log in to Power BI, please contact the Help Desk
- Supports a culture of data driven decision making.
- Intuitive dashboards report and visualize data in a wide range of styles, including graphs, charts, tables, and more.
- Comprehensive view of data makes it easier to identify trends, patterns, and insights.
- Access cloud based reports from anywhere, at any time.
Report links will open Power BI Service and require users to authenticate. Alternately, Power BI can be accessed from the app launcher in Office 365.
- Filter data using the slicers on the top and left of a report.
- Reset filters using the icon in the top right (green circle with white back arrow). Filters can persist even after closing your browser.
- Navigate to different page views using the Pages pane on the left.
- Expand or collapse hierarchies in tables or slicers using (+) or (-) icons.
- View additional data points or more details by hovering over visuals.
- View report descriptions and definitions through links in each report.