Graduate conditional admission is possible for selected programs (see below) for applicants who have not met the English requirement but whose academic background is considered acceptable by the receiving department.
Conditional admission means that the applicant’s admission to an academic program is “conditional” until the applicant satisfies the English proficiency requirement and any other standardized test required for the selected program.
To be eligible for conditional admission, an applicant must:
- Be academically admissible by department/program standards
- Enroll in Wright State’s Learning English for Academic Purposes (LEAP) intensive English program
Conditional admission is only available for the following master’s and doctoral programs:
- Anatomy (Proof of TOEFL>=100 required prior to full admission)
- Applied Statistics
- Biological Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemistry (Proof of TOEFL>=90 required prior to full admission)
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Earth & Environmental Sciences
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Sciences, Ph.D.
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Industrial & Human Factors Engineering
- Intervention Specialist/Special Education
- Material Science Engineering
- Mathematics with concentrations in Applied Mathematics & Pure Mathematics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Microbiology & Immunology
- M.S. in Teaching with concentrations in Anatomy, Earth Sciences, Mathematics & Physics
- Ph.D. in Engineering
- Psychology with concentrations in Human Factors Psychology & Industrial/Organizational Psychology
Before being allowed to enroll full time in the academic program the student will be required to:
- Satisfy English proficiency requirement (accepted tests and scores vary by program)
- Submit satisfactory GRE scores or GMAT scores before or during first academic semester (varies by program)
How to Apply for Graduate Conditional Admission
- Complete and submit the online LEAP Intensive English Program application
- Go back to your profile and select "Add and Application"
- Complete the online academic application.
- Pay for and submit the applications online.
- Upload all documents listed on your checklist on your applicant portal.
- You must check both applications and upload the documents separately.
- Check your applicant portal often for updates. The admissions team will communicate with you through it.