Lake Campus Safety
On this page:
- About Lake Campus Safety
- Available Services
- Essentials for Safety on Campus
- Community Policing Programming
- Contact Information
About Lake Campus Safety
The Wright State Lake Campus Police Department takes pride in building and maintaining positive relationships within Mercer County and the Lake community and is an extension of the Dayton-Campus Wright State Police Department. The goal of the Lake Campus Police Department is to make the community safer and provide excellent service to the Lake Campus. While the Lake Campus Police Department is an extension of the Dayton-campus their mission and programming are the same, which is to provide a safe and secure campus for the students, staff, and faculty. Please take the time to read about the services and essentials that the Lake Campus Police Department provides.
The following are services that the police are equipped to provide to students, faculty, and staff:
- Safety Escorts
- Vehicle Unlocks
- Vehicle Battery Jump-Starts
- Tire Inflations
Please do not hesitate to call Mercer County Dispatch at 419-586-7724 or contact the Student Services front desk at ext. 0 or 419-586-0300 if you need assistance.
Essentials for Safety on Campus
- Program the number for Mercer County Dispatch 419-586-7724 in your cell phone.
- Know where emergency telephones are located on the campus.
- Cellular phone, landline, emergency telephone, emergency call box, pull station and AED! All are emergency tools and can be used if needed.
- Know where your cell phone works so it will be an emergency tool for you.
- Record serial, model numbers, and descriptions of personal property.
- Lock it when you leave it for apartments and vehicles.
- Do not leave valuables in your vehicle.
- Travel in pairs and use the best lit and most traveled paths.
- Use a safety escort as necessary.
- Do not bring or consume alcohol on campus.
- Do not bring guns on campus (Including airsoft and paintball guns).
- If you find yourself in an active shooter situation, RUN, HIDE, FIGHT.
- Report suspicious activity on campus at 419-586-7724.
Community Policing Programming
Community Policing Programming is very important. Please let us know what we can do to serve you. We are available to provide educational programming at student organization meetings, in the residence halls, and to off-campus residents. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Officer Tyler Pottkotter
170D Dwyer Hall
7600 Lake Campus Drive
Celina, Ohio 45822
Office Phone: 419-586-0249
Wright State Department of Public Safety, Records: 937-775-4167