Monday, February 20, 2023
Registration for this event will open in January 2023.
Is helping others in your future? Visit Wright State University and plan to attend the Path to Health Professions event to discover how you can get on the right path to becoming a doctor or other health professional!
This event is for:
- High school students interested in becoming a health professional
- Community college students interested in becoming health care providers and learning more about Wright State University
- Parents, friends, and families of interested students
- Current pre-health students who want to learn more about their opportunities at Wright State
- Teachers and counselors who wish to learn more about Wright State's pre-med and pre-health programs
- Explore and gain a better understanding of career opportunities in health care including medicine, athletic training, chiropractic, mental health counseling, nursing, optometry, pharmacy, physical therapy, physician's assistant, public health, and veterinary medicine
- Discover what it takes to get into Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine and other professional programs
- Find out how degrees from Wright State can open doors to the nation's top professional schools
- Learn what classes and activities you should be choosing NOW to prepare for your future
Sample Schedule from 2022 Event
Below you can find the full schedule from the 2022 event. The 2023 event promises to be just as informative and exciting!
For a description of all sessions, download the Sessions Description document (PDF).
|Welcome and Event Overview||Apollo|
|Allopathic Medicine (M.D.)||Apollo|
|Admissions, Financial Aid, Housing Overview||Atlantic (E157)|
|Veterinary Medicine||Endeavour (E156-B/C)|
|Nursing / Nurse Practitioner||Apollo|
|Admissions, Financial Aid, Housing||Atlantic (E157)|
|Medical Laboratory Science||Endeavour (E156-B/C)|
|Professional Psychology / Psychiatry||Discovery (E163)|
|11:30 a.m.–12:20 p.m.
|Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.)||Apollo|
|Sports Science (Athletic Training, OT/PT)||Atlantic (E157)|
|Public Health||Endeavour (E156-A)|
|Rehabilitation Services (OT/PT)||Endeavour (E156-B/C)|
|Physician Assistant||Discovery (E163)|
Tours; Q&A Sessions
|Pre-Professional Health Advising Q&A||Apollo|
|Nursing Tours||Atlantic (E157)|
|Wright State Admissions Q&A||Endeavour (E156-A)|
|Campus Tours||Endeavour (E156-B/C)|
|Science & Mathematics Research Lab Tours||Discovery (E163)|