The health and safety of our campus community is our number one priority.
COVID-19 is unpredictable, so we will continually evaluate our health and safety protocols throughout the summer and will communicate important updates with you as they come to hand. Please continue to check your Wright State email and visit this site frequently.
Current COVID-19 Recommendations
- Get the COVID vaccine.
- Conduct a daily self-assessment; stay home if sick.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, please wear a face mask and practice physical distancing.
- Wash hands regularly and keep hand sanitizer with you.
- Follow all posted guidelines.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the COVID vaccine required? Will I need to show my proof of vaccination?
The COVID-19 vaccine is not required, though we highly recommend it. Getting the vaccine is a very personal choice. We will not ask for proof of vaccination unless you are a residential student seeking to have a roommate on the Dayton Campus, in which case both residents will need to provide proof of vaccination.
How does Wright State define “fully vaccinated”?
An individual is fully vaccinated 14 days after the final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine. The only currently accepted vaccinations in Greene County, Ohio, are those from Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson. For unvaccinated individuals or international community members who have received vaccinations that are not included in this list, you are invited to contact Wright State Physicians to schedule an appointment for a free vaccine. Visit the Vaccines web page for additional information.
If I had COVID-19 and have antibodies, am I considered “fully vaccinated”?
No. Those who have had COVID-19 should still get vaccinated, and do not have to wait 90 days as previously recommended. Vaccines are available through Wright State Physicians. Call 937-245-7200 to make an appointment. Information about other vaccine providers in Ohio is available at gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov.
Are masks required on campus?
Masks continue to be required in designated areas, such as health care facilities, including Wright State Physicians and the psychiatry clinic. If you are unsure if masks are required, please call ahead or inquire upon arrival.
For all other areas:
If you are fully vaccinated, you are no longer required to wear a face mask or social distance unless you choose to do so. Individuals are fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving their final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
For individuals who are partially vaccinated or are not vaccinated, we ask that you continue to wear face masks and practice physical distancing. This is an honor system; please make smart decisions to protect yourself and others who may not be vaccinated.
Where can I get the COVID-19 vaccine?
Are on-campus events permitted?
Yes. All student event registration and space booking procedures have returned to pre-COVID status:
- Student events are registered through the Engage platform.
- Departmental and community events are venue specific (see below).
- General event/booking questions can be directed to Event Services and Youth Programs.
Student Union, Classrooms, Outdoor Spaces in Campus Core
Event Services and Youth Programs
Wright State Nutter Center: Arena, McLin Gym, and Parking Lots
Wright State Nutter Center: Berry Room
Includes Nischwitz Stadium, Softball Stadium, and Rinzler Student Sports Complex
Do I still need to complete a return-to-campus acknowledgment form?
As the campus has fully reopened without restrictions for those who are fully vaccinated, the form is no longer necessary and has been removed from the website.
Students and parents: Who do I contact for additional information?
- General questions: Call or text Student Advocacy and Wellness with general questions at 937-260-0167.
- Environmental health and safety: Contact Environmental Health & Safety at 937-775-4444 or email email@example.com.
- Housing and roommate questions: Call Residence Life and Housing at 937-775-4172 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Campus services: Contact the relevant department. You can find contact information in the directory.
Employees: Who do I contact for additional information?