Testing Services provides placement tests in math and English to help determine the proper beginning course for new Wright State University students who have not completed a college-level course in mathematics or English composition.
The WSU Writing Placement Test can be completed without on-site supervision. The Math Placement Test must be completed in a supervised setting. The following options are available:
- On-Campus: Most incoming students register to take the math placement test at Wright State's Dayton or Celina campuses.
- Off-Site: It is also possible to take the math placement assessment in one of several cities across the state. Please note: Those selecting off-site testing are solely responsible for any proctoring fees or other charges that might be required by administrators at "off-site" locations
You must register for and complete a supervised Math Placement Test before you will have access to the Prep and Learning Modules that must be completed before supervised retests.
Credit by Exam (AP & CLEP)
Learn more about credit by exam from Undergraduate Admissions.
Learn more about Proficiency and Placement Tests in Modern Languages.
Non-Wright State University Testing
If you need to take a test for another institution, ("remote" or) special proctoring may be available at the following community locations. Please contact the individual sites for information regarding services, fees, resources and requirements.
- Dayton Metro Library: http://www.daytonmetrolibrary.org/about-us/policies/test-proctoring
- Greene County Public Library: http://greenelibrary.info/services/exam-proctoring/
- Washington-Centerville Public Libraries: http://www.wclibrary.info/proctoring/
I just submitted my writing placement test, and there is no grade for the test. Why can’t I find my score?
It takes up to two weeks to receive a score on the writing placement test.
I need my writing (or math) placement score because I have Orientation tomorrow. How can I test?
While we encourage you to have your placement testing completed before Orientation, if you have not had the opportunity to complete your on-site Math Placement test assessment or your online Writing Placement assessment, your next best option is to complete these important steps as soon as you can, even if this means that you attend Orientation without the expected preparation. This means that you must still attend your scheduled Orientation, but when you come, your academic advisor might not be able to place you into your ideal math or writing course. You will be able to register for other courses.