Our mission is to provide you with access, guidance, and academic support in a nurturing, diverse, respectful, and supportive environment that assists students in achieving academic goals while developing the foundations of civic engagement and lifelong learning.
We collaborate with students, faculty, and staff of the undergraduate programs of the academic colleges to help ensure a successful and fulfilling academic experience for all students.
We recruit a staff rich in diverse experiences and perspectives. Because we value this diversity among ourselves, we embrace the diverse experiences and perspectives of Wright State’s students, faculty, and staff. We believe diverse perspectives produce better results.
We commit ourselves to lifelong learning. We stay well-informed of best practices in advising, academic support, and student development. We utilize our diversity and our commitment to lifelong learning to cultivate curiosity. We continually research methods and trends to help students achieve educational success. Read about our Conversations on Student Success speaker series Building Momentum for Clear Pathways to Academic Success and Equity.
Student Success Services Advisory Board was established in April 2005 for the purpose of using the breadth of expertise and experience of its members to assist the division in enhancing student academic success, student retention, student movement into appropriate majors, fundraising, comprehensive assessment and accountability, and continuous improvement.
- Stephanie Adams, Community Outreach, Dayton Regional STEM School
- Kimberly Collins, Director, University Partnerships, Sinclair College
- Amy Gayheart, Principal, Fairborn High School
- Ronald Gordon, Dean of Student Support Services, Clark State Community College
- Candice Haffner, Principal, West Carrollton Schools
- Beth Kessler, Counselor, Northmont High School
- Kippy King, Managing Director, Mathile Family Foundation
- Nikki Lowery, Assistant Principal, Bellbrook Schools
- Beth Manor, Academic Supervisor, Miami Valley Career Technology Center
- Marilyn McCauley, President, EVM Training and Consulting Management Group
- Carol McElroy, Counselor, Miamisburg Schools
- Zayneb Moumkine, Student & University College Senator, Student Government Association
- Jessica Mumau, Principal, Milton Union Schools
- Jackie Palmer, Web Consultant
- Kristie Place, Alumna, Wright State University
- Michael Sullivan, Associate Superintendent, Dayton Public Schools
- Sherry Tschudin, Community Member
- Carolyn Wright, Alumna, Wright State University