On this page:
Group fitness classes are the perfect way to fit in your daily dose of exercise. Join us for Cycle Fit, Zumba, Yoga, TRX Suspension training and more! Pre-registration is not required for most classes*. Our diverse schedule has something for everyone—from the novice exerciser to the varsity athlete. All sessions are conducted in our group fitness studios.
Participation is easy!
- Group Fitness classes are FREE for Wright State students. Faculty, staff and Wright State affiliates may purchase a group fitness pass at the SU Recreation Desk. All participants must have a valid Wright1 card.
- Guests are permitted with the purchase of a membership or a one day pass. Daily passes can be purchased at the Rec Desk for $5.00 plus tax.
- Sign in prior to every session at the session location.
- All sessions are drop in. First come, first served.
Short on time? Try one of our express classes. Give us 30 minutes, and we'll give you a great workout. We offer express classes every day at 11:30 a.m. Express classes make for a great lunch break!
Spring Semester 2018 Schedule
January 8–April 20
|7:15–8 a.m.||Cycle Fit
|12:10–1 p.m.||Cycle Fit
|6–6:50 p.m.||Body Sculpting
|Battle Ropes Circuit
*denotes 30 minute express classes.
|12:10–1 p.m.||Aqua Motion
- Aqua Motion: This workout offers total body fitness in the water! Suitable for all fitness levels. Aqua belts are provided; so, swimming experience is not necessary. However, please see the instructor if you have concerns about deep water or water safety.
- Barre Blend: Barre fitness classes are inspired by ballet and dance technique. Classes focus on fluid movement, proper alignment, and body mechanics. Barre Blend incorporates traditional barre exercise with resistance training, cardio-metabolic exercise and yoga or flexibility training.
- Battle Ropes Circuit: Anything goes! Get a total body workout to improve endurance, muscular fitness and sport performance in this intense class.
- Body Sculpting: Sculpt a leaner body with weights, resistance bands, medicine balls and body weight exercises.
- Cycle Fit: Indoor fitness cycling. Rides include a variety of drills that simulate outdoor cycling. Suitable for all fitness abilities. New participants should arrive to class a few minutes early for assistance with bike set up. Cycle Sculpt offers the best of both worlds –aerobic conditioning on the bike and resistance exercise off the bike.
- SWERK: SWERK pairs upbeat dance routines with pop and hip-hop music. You’ll get a great workout while moving to some of your favorite songs! Be prepared to sweat!!
- Total Body Circuit: Circuit training is a great way to get a total body workout. In this class, you’ll move through exercise stations that will target all of the major muscle groups. Cardio drills may also be included to vary the intensity of the workout.
- TRX: Born in the Navy SEALs, TRX Suspension Training is a system that leverages your own body weight against gravity to create a comprehensive total body workout. Develop strength, balance, flexibility and core stability all in one workout. –In this class, your body is the machine!
- Yoga: Improve flexibility, strength, and balance in a moving meditation. You’ll move through various seated and standing poses. This is a mixed levels class suitable for a variety of fitness levels.
- Zumba: Fitness class inspired by Latin Dance. Move to hypnotic musical rhythms while learning fun dance moves. Plus, you’ll get a fantastic workout! This class is fun and easy to do! No dance experience necessary.
View membership information and pricing for students, faculty, staff, alumni, and Wright State affiliates.
Fall and Spring Group Fitness Program Fees (for non-student participants)
- Annual Pass: $80
- Semester Pass: $45
- Daily Pass: $5
Interested in having a Recreation Fit instructor visit your office, residence hall or student group? Recreation Fit Outreach is available for private group fitness sessions. We can bring our group fitness program to you or book one of our studios for your group. The outreach fee is $25.00 per hour. Call (937) 775-5816 to schedule a session for your group.
Please, direct questions to Jennifer Turpin Stanfield, Assistant Director for Fitness and Wellness, at email@example.com or (937) 775-5816.
Recreation Fit Instructor auditions are held on an as-needed basis. No experience necessary and training is provided. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Certified instructors who are interested in joining our team should send a resume along with copies of current fitness certifications to email@example.com.
We are currently accepting applications for the 2018 Fitness Leader Summer Intership Program. If you are a WSU student who loves fitness, and you have a desire to share that passion with others, we want to meet you! Learn more here.
View NETA (National Exercise Trainers Association) Certification Workshops offered at Wright State University by visiting www.netafit.org.