The Student Union gym is located on the lower level of the Student Union past the Climbing Wall and Outdoor Resource Center. The only gym on main campus, this facility is used for open recreation, adapted recreation programming, sports club activities and special events. The standard configuration for this space is one large basketball or one large volleyball court; however, it can be divided into two smaller courts.
All open recreation users are required to show a valid Wright1 Card at the desk prior to entering the gymnasium. Once the Wright1 Card is validated, participants will receive access to the gymnasium. Individuals will not be permitted into the gymnasium during open recreation without checking in. A guest pass may be purchased for non-members; review our membership and guest pass information.
Registered student organizations are able to reserve the gymnasium on a first come, first serve basis by filling out an event request on Engage. Non student organizations may request space by utilizing the Facility Reservation Request Form (PDF).
Always check the CREC Calendar for operational hours, special closings, and events.
- No food or drink allowed in the gymnasium. Water is permissible but must have a cap.
- Users may not use any equipment in the room without the written permission of the Program Director or Program Managers of Campus Recreation.
- Groups must provide their own sound equipment if necessary.
- Athletic, dance, or ballet shoes ONLY (no boots, dress shoes, or black soled shoes). Campus Recreation reserves the right to make the final decision on footwear.
- Shirts must be worn at all times.