On this page:
The Fitness Center, one of Campus Recreation's primary facilities, is located in the lower level of the Student Union. It features a wide variety of options available to fit anyone's recreational and exercise needs. It features state-of-the-art equipment and features enough space to accommodate all kinds of different activities. This facility requires membership.
The CREC Fitness Center has a wide variety of equipment, including, but not limited to:
- Cardio Equipment (arc trainers, elliptical trainers, AMT's, treadmills, stationary bikes, etc.)
- Plate-loaded and Selectorized Equipment
- Free Weights
Always check the CREC Calendar for operational hours, special closings, and events.
Membership is required for use of the:
- Fitness center
- Locker rooms
- Racquetball courts
- Swimming pool
- Students: All current students have free access to the recreation center by presenting their valid Wright1 Card.
- Faculty and Staff: Faculty and staff will be required to pay a fee unless they are enrolled in the Living Well Employee Wellness program*.
- Retirees: All retirees have free access to the recreation center by presenting their valid Wright1 Card. Retirees must be current members of the Retiree Association.
- Alumni Association Members and Wright State Affiliates: Alumni must be current members of the Alumni Association and present valid Wright1 Card identification. For more information, call the Alumni Association at (937) 775-2620.
- Family Members: Qualifying student, faculty, staff, retiree, Alumni Association members, and Wright State affiliate family members over the age of 16 may purchase a recreation center membership. Qualifying family members under the age of 16 may use the pool if accompanied by a member. Family membership includes a spouse or significant other, or children 16 and older residing at home. For liability and safety reasons, children under the age of 16 are not included in family memberships.
Classification for all Wright1 Cards will be determined by the Wright1 Card Center. Valid Wright1 Cards must be obtained prior to purchasing a membership at the Recreation Desk. Guests staying in on-campus housing that are not able to obtain a valid Wright1 card may purchase a guest pass at the Recreation Desk by providing proof they are staying in guest housing.
All memberships and passes may be purchased with cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover.
- Daily: $5
- Weekly (7 days): $20
- Monthly (30 days): $50
All guests must be accompanied by a Recreation Center member.
|Membership Type||Annual Rate (Sept.–Aug.)||Semester Rate||Monthly Rate|
|Faculty and Staff*||$150||N/A||$12.50|
|Alumni Associaton and Affiliates||$180||N/A||$15|
|Alumni Association and Affiliates Family||$180||N/A||$20|
*Individual faculty and staff recreation center membership fees will be waived for benefit eligible employees who enroll and maintain an active status in the Living Well Employee Wellness program. Individuals may pay on a month-to-month basis, depending on the time of enrollment. For more information on the Living Well Employee Wellness program please contact Doug Newton at (937) 775-5256.
Group Fitness Class Passes
All Campus Recreation group fitness classes are FREE for students. All faculty, staff, alumni association members and affiliates can purchase a group exercise pass at the Recreation Desk.
- Annual Pass: $85**
- Semester Pass: $45
- Daily Pass: $5
**Annual passes can only be purchased in the fall.
Individuals must be 16 years of age or older to use the Fitness Center. Those individuals under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Proper athletic attire is required. No boots, flip flops, open-toed shoes, dress shoes, pants with rivets or zippers, half shirts, cut-off shirts, etc.
- All personal belongings must be stored in a locker. Campus Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Equipment use is based on a first come, first serve basis.
- There is a 30 minute maximum on all machines when there are people waiting.
- Allow others to work in when performing multiple sets.
- Participants are expected to act responsibly and respect the rights of others.
- Please wipe down all equipment after use. Do not spray cleaner directly onto machines.
- Free weight equipment must remain in the free weight area. Please return it to its proper place after use.
- The improper use of equipment is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to standing on equipment, standing on weights, weight stacking or top loading.
- The use of collars is mandatory.
- The following items are prohibited in the Fitness Center:
- The use of cellular phones
- Food, beverages, chewing gum and tobacco. Water in a plastic container with a lid is permitted in all activity areas.
- Power lifts (clean, clean-jerk, snatch, etc)
- Weights or other equipment brought in from the outside with the exception of weight gloves, belts, etc.
- Slamming or dropping of weights
- Personal training conducted by anyone other than a Campus Recreation employee
Wright State University is not responsible for any injury or accident resulting from the improper or unauthorized use of the equipment or facility.
We recommend that each participant consults with a physician prior to beginning an exercise and/or diet program.