On this page:
The indoor climbing facility is FREE for students with a CURRENT Wright1 Card and staff, faculty, and alumni who are members of our fitness center. There is a $5 daily guest fee. All guests must be accompanied by a current Wright1 Card holder. Children 12 and under climb free with a Wright State Fitness Center member and must be accompanied by an adult. The gym accommodates climbers of all levels from beginner to advanced. The gym has eight top rope sites and a minimum of two routes per rope at all times. For those not interested in roping up, there is also a 14-foot bouldering wall.
Sign in at the Outdoor Resource Center, 037 Student Union
First-time climbers must bring a photo ID to register.
Hours of Operation
Beginning March 8, 2021 we will be reopening for bouldering only. On April 1, we will transition to top roping.
Spring Semester 2021 beginning March 8: Mondays - Fridays: 3:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Masks are required at all times, even when climbing.
- Users will be required to use hand sanitizer before and after climbing.
- Users must not touch face while climbing.
- Users will be required to distance from others at least 6 feet.
- Users must sanitize their shoes with Lysol spray before entering gym.
- Every other route will be closed off to ensure distancing can be achieved.
- Users will not be permitted to use loose chalk, they may use liquid chalk if desired.
- Max capacity will be eight; six users and two employees.
Shoe Rental Specials
- Women's Wednesdays: Free shoe rentals for all women!
- Men's Mondays: Free shoe rentals for all men!
Harnesses are available at no cost in the Outdoor Resource Center. Shoe rentals cost $1. Gri Gri’s are the only belay devices permitted, and you must use ours. Chalk is permitted.
Beginning Fall 2021: Wednesdays: Noon to 1 p.m.
Do you love to boulder but our evening hours don’t work for you? Spend your lunch hour bouldering with your friends and the ORC. This will be the perfect time to focus on technique, as the gym will only be open for bouldering.
- Tuesdays from 4 to 6 p.m.
- Wednesdays from 6 to 8 p.m.
FREE for Wright State students.
The first time you climb in the Campus Recreation Climbing Gym, you are required to sign a risk waiver. You must be 18 years or older to sign the waiver or be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. A picture identification card with your birthdate listed is required to sign the waiver; your Wright1 Card is also required to be shown at your initial visit. The first time you climb with us, we will issue you a personal climbing card. Each time you come and climb you will check in at the Outdoor Resource Center to pick up your card. If you choose not to wear climbing shoes, you must wear close-toed athletic shoes. If you wear Wright State climbing shoes, you must wear/bring socks.
Groups may reserve the climbing wall during hours the wall is not open. Reservations should be made a minimum of 2 weeks in advance.
|Group Size||Wright State Pricing||Public Pricing|
Discounts may be available dependent on the number of current Wright State belay certified members in your group.
Send Request Form/Contract Information Form to Erin Sherrets at email@example.com to request the climbing wall. Any questions call 937-775-5019