On this page:
The African American Residential Caucus (AARC) organization functions under the Residential Community Association (RCA), and its primary goal is to be the voice for African American residential students here at Wright State University. The AARC provides African American residential students with a resource to ask for help and voice their concerns and creates social support, unity, and pride among residents.
Students can join the organization at any time throughout the academic year. AARC collaborates with RCA, National Residence Hall Honorary, Student Weekend Activities Team, the resident assistants, and the community councils.
Contact Lisa Eizenga to join or for more information.
Executive Board Members for 2020–21
- President: Charlee' McLemore
- Vice President: Chauncey Collins
- Secretary: Kiera Tigner
- Treasurer: C.J. Jones
- Historian: Lauryn Phillips
- Collaboration Chair: Garrett Williams
- Public Relations Chairs: TeAsia Gamble
- Street Team Co-Chairs: Amari Richardson and Shareka Jones
To apply for a board position, submit the AARC Board Application (PDF).
Each community council serves as the government organization for residents and is composed of elected officers and volunteer members. The councils provide a place for residents to voice their concerns and suggestions, make recommendations to community improvements, and help plan community activities. All residents are encouraged to attend meetings of their council and get involved to make life at Wright State better.
- Forest Lane Apartments Council Advisor: Leslie Yetter
- Hamilton Hall Council Advisor: Leslie Yetter
- Honors Community Council Advisor: Toshia Johnson
- Service and Sustainability Chair: Isabelle Hardesty
- Village/College Park/University Park Apartments Council Advisor: Ryan Winget
- The Woods Council Advisors: Nick Foley, Jeremy Miller, Kelly Gilton
The National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH) is a nationally recognized student organization that advocates for the interests and welfare of residence hall students, while also providing opportunities for their personal growth and development. NRHH recognizes individuals who have contributed to the advancement of college and university housing, provide service for people in students in their communities both on- and off-campus, as well as encourage individuals to grow as leaders in their communities.
How to Get Involved
The Wright State Chapter of NRHH strives to be involved in activities on campus regularly. If you are interested in possibly becoming a member, participating in upcoming service activities, or wish to recognize positive people or changes in your Wright State residential community, check us out on Engage and like our Facebook page Wright State's National Residence Hall Honorary
Submit a Candidate to Win an Award
Do you have a resident assistant who is just wonderful? Did you attend a program that was the most fun you’ve had all semester? Is there a person who lives on campus who just stands out for being amazing? Submit these exceptional people for one of the monthly awards.
NRHH Executive Board 2020–21
- President: Logan Rex
- Vice President for New Member Education: Lauren Onianwa
- Vice President of Recognition: Acrista Fryer
- Vice President of Service: Faith Rosenow
- Vice President of Administration and Finance: Tori Ceyler
- Vice President of Outreach: Chad Dudash
We strive to create a sense of community through programming, providing opportunities for leadership, and initiating change through students for Wright State and its community
"Our vision is to create an environment and atmosphere that promotes equality, compassion, and excellence as well as provide opportunities for leadership."
Executive Board 2020–21
- President: Jeremiah Penick
- Vice President: Benjamin Hardesty
- Director of Internal Affairs: Vacant
- National Communications Coordinator (NCC): Zharia Mallory
- Director of Public Relations: Ramata Ngaide
- Director of Residential Activities: Evan Throckmorton
- Advisor to RCA: Lisa Eizenga
Residential Community Association
029C Student Union
c/o Residence Life and Housing
Wright State University
3460 Colonel Glenn Hwy.
Dayton, Ohio 45435