Please contact us if you have any questions or need more information.
On this page:
As an intern or special guests of the university, we welcome you to stay with us at Wright State University. Our guest housing program is designed to provide a clean, safe, and friendly housing for guests of the university and companies within the greater Dayton area. The guest housing program rents out rooms on a per-bed-space structure. Many of our guests will only be in the Dayton area for the summer and want to avoid the difficulty of finding a furnished apartment. We have two-bedroom or four-bedroom furnished apartments available, which will be shared with other guests.
- A full kitchen is included in each apartment unit. There is a 24-hour Meijer grocery/department store within walking distance of the Forest Lane and College Park Apartments.
- On-campus dining facilities operate during limited hours in the summertime. Please visit Hospitality Services for hours of operation.
- There are many fast-food and dine-in restaurants near Wright State University.
- The Fairfield Commons Mall is a short three-mile drive away, and there is a pedestrian bridge for walking to the mall.
- Summer guest housing will be available from May 10 to August 8, 2020.
- Checkouts must be complete by 5 p.m. on August 8, 2020.
- A limited number of units are available during the academic year. Please contact our office for availability.
- We are able to offer an extension, but only if guests are willing to move to a new location in order to accommodate preparations for our Wright State student residents.
The rental rate is $650 per person, per month. Partial months are prorated at a nightly rate based on the number of nights the unit was occupied. Rent is due on the third of each month.
- All utilities
- Local telephone service is provided in all apartments. You may bring your own landline phone to hook up if desired. Local on-campus or area calls can be made at no extra charge. Long-distance is not available.
- Wireless internet is available in all campus apartments and included in your rental rate. The network is unsecured—if you need a secure connection, please utilize a VPN.
- All apartments are equipped with a working high definition HD cable TV service. (you will need to bring your own QAM equipped TV and auxiliary cable cord). The channel list is included in the guest housing handbook provided at check-in.
- Access to the resident gym in Honors Hall (upon request)
- Guests assigned to Forest Lane are issued a laundry card for use at the free laundry facility during their stay. Guests assigned to College Park have a washer and dryer in their unit. Guests are responsible for providing their own laundry detergent and other laundry supplies.
- A set of linens will be provided to each guest. The linen set includes a pillow, blanket, sheet set, two towels, and two washcloths. Guests are responsible for laundering their own linens. Guests may keep the linens provided to them.
The first month's payment will be due prior to check-in. If a guest arrives mid-month, they will be billed a prorated nightly amount from the date they check in until the end of the month. A $250 security deposit is required prior to a space being assigned. $200 of the deposit is refundable after checkout, provided there are no billable damages to your unit. Our office retains $50 as a facility fee.
We prefer payments to be made online by Visa, Discover, Mastercard, or electronic check. We can also accept a check or money order.
- Terms and Conditions (PDF) are subject to change at any time. Guests are expected to abide by the policies and procedures in this document and will be held responsible for violations. The director of Residence Life and Housing or their designee must approve all exceptions to policies.
- Apartment Cleanliness: As our guest, you are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of your own apartment, and upon departure, returning it back to the condition it was in when you arrived. Charges resulting from extra cleaning or damages after check-out will be deducted from your security deposit.
- All rooms are non-smoking and the campus is tobacco-free. This includes vape pens/e-cigarettes, chewing tobacco, and smoking of any kind.
- Unit Occupancy: Occupancy is restricted to the registered guests in the unit only. Our guest policies at Wright State University may differ from guest or residence hall policies experienced at other campuses and may differ from our residence hall policies held at Wright State. Guests who violate policies may be asked to leave. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for specific restrictions.
Check-ins are held Monday–Friday between 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. at the Residence Life and Housing office. The office is located in the Community Building underneath the Wright State University water tower at the end of Lot 4. Evening and weekend check-ins can be accommodated, but must be prepaid by credit card and arranged in advance. Review the Wright State campus map for directions.
What to Bring
- Toilet paper
- TV with cable wire
- Vacuum cleaner
- Cleaning supplies
- Alarm clock
- Desk lamp
- Cooking supplies (such as pots and pans)
- Trash can
What Not to Bring
- Pets (with exception of registered service animals)
- Hot plates
- Please refer to your Terms and Conditions for a more extensive list
When it is time to check out, please return your keys and check-out packet to the Residence Life and Housing office by 5 p.m. on your scheduled check-out date. Check your room to make sure you have retrieved all your belongings. Please dispose of all trash in the outdoor dumpsters. If you do not return your keys, the cost of replacement keys and a lock change will be withheld from your security deposit. If you are checking out outside business hours, you can leave your keys and check-out packet in the drop box located to the left of the front entrance of Residence Life and Housing office. All summer guests must finalize their stay and plan to check out no later than 6 p.m. Friday, August 8, 2020.
Visitor parking is free at the Dayton Campus. The Lot 2 visitor booth near the Student Union is open 8 a.m.–8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 8 a.m.–3 p.m. Friday. Open parking is available for visitors in all campus lots after 4 p.m. Friday and all day Saturday and Sunday. Visitors with disabilities must have a visitor permit in addition to their state plate or placard.
If you are a visitor, alumnus, or retiree, you can park in visitor Lot 2. To park in any other lot on campus, you must obtain and display a visitor permit from the attendant in the Lot 2 booth. Attendants can direct you to the best lot based on what building you want to visit and where you are likely to find the best parking. All visitor permits are free.
RTA buses run from downtown Dayton to Wright State and from downtown to many other destinations. RTA transportation passes and schedules are available at the Barnes & Noble Bookstore, 182 Student Union. The RTA's phone number is 937-425-8300. The RTA bus that services the Dayton Campus is #1. All buses feature bike racks and meet ADA accessibility guidelines.
Am I required to share the apartment with other guests?
Yes, all guest housing apartments are shared units. Depending on the type of apartment you select, you will be assigned from one to three roommates.
Does Wright State provide guest housing for families?
If a space is available, we can accommodate families.
Are meal plans available for guests?
Meal plans are not available for guests. However, all apartments come furnished with a full kitchen, and a grocery store is located within walking distance to our on-campus apartment communities.
Are kitchen supplies provided?
Residence Life and Housing does not provide any kitchen supplies. Any dishes, cookware, or silverware should be brought with you or acquired once you arrive at campus. We suggest contacting your assigned roommates to arrange the best way to provide these items.
Will I need to bring my own bedding and towels?
Although you are free to bring your own bedding and towels, each guest is provided a linen set in their bedroom free of charge. The linen set consists of a sheet set (flat, fitted, pillowcase), pillow, blanket, and towels (two bath towels, two hand towels, two washcloths). Guests are responsible for laundering their own linens.
Is internet or cable service provided?
Yes, cable and internet service are both included in your monthly rental rate. Internet is provided through Wright State University's wireless network. Wired connections are available with a Wright State username and password. Some of our affiliate internship programs at AFRL and WPAFB provide this to their interns. Check with your internship to see if you will be granted Wright State computer accounts.
The security deposit is $250. Why is only $200 refundable?
Residence Life and Housing staff work very hard during the summer months to ensure our apartments are cleaned and prepared before the summer guest housing season begins, and after the season ends. As such, we retain $50 of the security deposit as facilities and redecorating fee in order to cover any facilities-related costs associated with cleaning and preparing the guest housing units before you arrive and after you leave.
I am unable to check in during the times provided in my check-in instructions. What should I do?
Guest housing staff is available on-call 24/7. If you need to arrange a check-in time outside our regularly scheduled hours, please contact the housing office during business hours at email@example.com or 937-775-3372. Advance notice is required for after-hours check-ins.