Group fitness classes are the perfect way to fit in your daily dose of exercise. Join us for Cycle Fit, Zumba, Yoga, TRX Suspension training and more! Pre-registration is not required for most classes*. Our diverse schedule has something for everyone—from the novice exerciser to the varsity athlete. All sessions are conducted in our group fitness studios.
Participation is easy!
- Group Fitness classes are FREE for all active fitness center members this summer! All participants must have a valid Wright1 card.
- Fall group fitness passes (for non-student participants) will be available for purchase at the Rec Desk in August.
- Guests are permitted with the purchase of a membership or a one day pass. Daily passes can be purchased at the Rec Desk for $5.00 plus tax.
- Sign in prior to every session at the session location.
- All sessions are drop in. First come, first served.
- Click here for membership information and group exercise pricing.
Express Classes - Short on time? Try one of our express classes. Give us 30 minutes, and we'll give you a great workout. We offer express classes every day at 11:30 a.m. Express classes make for a great lunch break!
Intro to Fitness Classes are FREE for Fitness Center members this semester! - These classes are perfect for new exercisers or for those looking to experience new exercise class formats.
Women on Weights (W.O.W.)
Wednesdays from 12:15-1:00 p.m. beginning May 11
Meet in the Student Union Fitness Center.
Learn the basics of strength-training and discover how developing muscular fitness can improve your overall health. To learn more about benefits and recommendations for physical activity, including strength training, visit www.acsm.org.
Fall & Spring Group Fitness Program Fees (for non-student participants):
Annual Pass $80.00
Semester Pass $45.00
Daily Pass $5.00
Rec Fit Outreach
Interested in having a Rec Fit instructor visit your office, residence hall or student group? Rec Fit Outreach is available for private group fitness sessions. We can bring our group fitness program to you or book one of our studios for your group. The outreach fee is $25.00 per hour. Call (937) 775.5816 to schedule a session for your group. Download an Outreach Request form here.
Please direct questions to Jennifer Turpin, Assistant Director for Fitness and Wellness at firstname.lastname@example.org or (937) 775.5816.
Teach Group Fitness classes!
Rec Fit Instructor Auditions are held fall semester. No experience necessary! Training provided. Send an e-mail to email@example.com for more information.
View NETA (National Exercise Trainers Association) Certification Workshops offered at Wright State University by visiting www.netafit.org.