Become a DJ or Personality
Are you a current or future Wright State student with an interest in radio broadcasting? Consider becoming a part of our organization and you could be live on WWSU 106.9FM! Although our organization suits people in the communications fields of study, students from any field of study may join our organization and host radio shows on WWSU.
Meet the Requirements
- You must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours of classes (3 for graduates) at Wright State University for next semester to be a part of WWSU Radio.
- You must currently maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher (aka. you must not be in academic probation).
To be a DJ / Personality on WWSU Radio, you need to complete our easy training program. The training is free, requires no materials, and only takes a few weeks. During training, you will learn the following:
- The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and their regulations of radio
- How to operate our radio equipment
- Tips on making good-quality radio broadcasts
- What to do in the event of technical issues
Maintain Good Standing
After completing the training and officially becoming a DJ / Personality, you'll be allowed to host radio shows on WWSU Radio. However, we have a few standards in place that you need to meet in order to remain in good standing with WWSU. Should you fail to meet these standards, you could lose your privilege to host radio shows on WWSU.
A handbook will be provided to you outlining these standards after you complete your training. They include being decent on the air, making a commitment to airing your radio show (eg. no frequent absences), attending required DJ meetings, and donating a little of your time to help out with providing DJ services to other organizations.
Are You Interested?
If you are interested in becoming a DJ / Personality, you may use the short form below to let us know. When you submit the form, the training director will receive your information and will follow-up with you about training.