Staff Council Minutes
Wednesday, December 9, 2015
267 University Hall
In Attendance: Dr. Steven Berberich, Misty Cox, Jerry Hensley, Jamie Henne, Jonathan Jackson, Elizabeth Styers, Dawn Banker, Linda Helentjaris, Amanda Pitcock, Suzanne Semones, Cindy Riley, and Amanda Watkins
- Old Business – Dr. Berberich
- Task Force on Affordability & Efficiency-The 5% savings cost recommendations submitted to the Board of Trustees. Additionally a committee is being created to monitor implementation and address a series of request from the State.
- Taxes for WSU employee graduate students-No update yet. More information to come once Dr. Berberich meets with Shari Mickey-Boggs.
- Update on lighting at the roundabout Lightening of the roundabout was not included in the construction plan. The suggestion has been forwarded to Police Chief Finnie to respond as to whether this represents a public safety issue.
- New Business – Dr. Berberich
- Winter break review-The current policy is being reviewed and any updates will be sent out in a timely manner.
- Additional issues/topics/events – Staff Council only
- Bylaws – discuss proposed changes-Misty and Dawn will email everyone the recommended changes by Dr. Beberich for feedback.
- Spring Open Forum-Possible dates, location, distribution methods, and format are being discussed.
- Raidersgiving recap-The event went very well. Estimated attendance was 500.
Next Staff Council Meeting:
Wednesday, January 13th from 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. – 267 University Hall