The Wright State University Staff Senate will serve as the official representative body of the Wright State staff community. The staff senate represents the interests of staff, fosters a spirit of unity and cooperation among the campus community, and provides staff representation parallel to those of the faculty and student governing bodies. In addition, the Staff Senate:
- Conveys information and makes recommendations to the university leadership regarding interests and concerns of the staff.
- Fosters a spirit of a unified community by encouraging the exchange of ideas and concerns in keeping with the mission of the university.
- Provides opportunities to engage the staff in areas of professional and personal growth.
- Empowers staff to make decisions and affect change to better our collective student success initiatives.
- Endeavors to keep the staff informed regarding university issues and activities.
- Promotes the effective contribution of staff expertise toward university goals and objectives for the benefit of the entire university community.
- Is represented on university committees as deemed appropriate by the university leadership.