Use your My Parking Account to:
- Order parking permits
- Manage your parking account
- Appeal/pay citations
- Add or update your personal or vehicle information
On this page:
We are committed to supporting the students, staff, faculty, and visitors at Wright State by managing the parking needs of the university while providing excellent customer service. Our policies and procedures are designed to help alleviate parking and traffic issues at our campus while keeping motorists and pedestrians safe. All faculty, staff, and students, as well as paid contractors, must purchase their own valid parking permits in order to park on the Dayton campus. Sharing permits is considered to be fraudulent; violations are subject to fines.
Please note: When you purchase your permit in your My Parking Account, you will link your vehicle information to your permit because your license plate number verifies that you have purchased a permit. If you need to change the vehicle that you will be parking on campus, follow these steps:
- Log into your My Parking Account.
- Click Permits.
- Click View Your Permits.
- Scroll down and click on your permit number.
- Scroll down to Associated Vehicles to add or delete a vehicle.
You may link up to three vehicles to your permit; however, you can only have one vehicle parked on campus at any one time. The Vehicles page simply shows what vehicles are associated with your account; it does not signify that vehicles on this page may legally be parked on the Dayton Campus.
All faculty, staff, and students, as well as service employees, contractors, and visitors, are strongly urged to review both this website and the University Parking Policy website in order to familiarize themselves with parking privileges and other parking policies before parking on the Dayton campus.
Reminder: All students parking on campus in a personal vehicle must register a vehicle license plate with the Department of Public Safety (DPS). DPS regularly scans vehicle license plates to confirm all vehicles are registered to park on campus.
The university no longer processes permits in person. You may purchase your parking permit at your My Parking Account.
Three permits will be available starting December 1, 2023, for students parking their vehicles on campus:
- Single Semester Permits are available for $95 and are valid for the 2024 Spring Semester. This permit provides access to all general parking areas (yellow and white spaces).
- Full Academic Year Permits are available for $160 and are valid for the entire academic year (i.e., July 31, 2024). This permit provides access to all general parking areas (yellow and white spaces).
- Full Academic Year Rowdy Permits are available for $300 and are valid for the entire academic year (i.e., July 31, 2024). This permit affords parking in selected premium spaces designated with a "Rowdy Raider" symbol, as well as any general parking areas (yellow and white spaces). These parking spaces are closest to all campus buildings and are located throughout campus.
The university has ample parking available. However, please note that parking is not guaranteed in your preferred lot.
Lake Campus students, please visit the Lake Campus Employee and Student Parking website for parking information.
Dayton Campus Employee Parking Permit Information
Parking permit rates are as follows:
- General Permit ($13.33/month by payroll deduction)
- Rowdy Permit ($25.00/month by payroll deduction)
Additionally, in our continuing effort to streamline and simplify the process, Parking Services has improved the auto-enrollment feature that makes the purchase of a parking permit easier and more flexible than ever. Wright State employees have a monthly pre-tax payroll deduction supporting the type of permit that meets their needs. There is also an opt-out option for those not driving a vehicle to and from campus.
The process is simple. Employee permits, when issued, will auto-renew every year. Please note, all employees still have the option of changing their parking permit status once per fiscal year. For example, employees may upgrade to a Rowdy Permit, downgrade to a General Parking Permit, or may choose to have their permit deactivated. Permits will be deactivated as a part of the process of an employee separating from the university.
Newly hired employees will be given a link that can be used to indicate whether they wish to have a General Parking Permit, a Rowdy Parking Permit, or whether they wish to opt out of having a parking permit.
Once your permit has been issued to you, you may add or remove vehicle license plates to your permit by visiting your My Parking Account. As a reminder, you may link up to three (3) vehicles at a given time. You must add or delete vehicles to/from your permit; this is not done automatically.
Those who opt-out of a parking permit will not be able to purchase a parking permit online and will need to purchase the permit in-person in 060 Allyn Hall, and it will be paid for via Payroll Deduction. Additionally, those who elect to Opt-Out of purchasing a parking permit acknowledge that citations issued to them are not appealable.
Parking Policy: Parking Policy
For more information about parking services, parking options, and/or questions, please visit the Parking website.