Student Union and Campus Recreation
Scholarships are awarded to deserving student employees
who work in the Student Union Administration or Campus Recreation
offices. To apply for the Achievement Awards, The Dorothy
Ward Hayes Scholarship, and the Lorna G. Dawes Award, students
must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be in good standing with the university and employed
by the offices of the Student Union
or Campus Recreation no later than the first day of
Spring semester of the current year
- Remain employed by the their office for at least one academic
semester after the receipt of the scholarship (summer or
Students applying for the awards mentioned above will be evaluated on following:
- A commitment to their job and their office's mission
- Work above and beyond the call of duty
- Exceptional leadership or extracurricular involvement that positively enhances their office, Wright State University, and/or the community
- Financial need
Application & Selection Process
Step 1: Application
To apply for any scholarship for which you are qualified, please follow these steps:
- Log into your WINGS account.
- Continue to the Academics tab.
- Click on the Financial Aid and Scholarships link (located under BILLING & FINANCIAL AID).
- Click on the Online Scholarship Application.
- Click on the Search Here link in the center of the page.
- Click on Apply Now! and follow the directions provided
- The application will allow you to apply for any scholarships for which you qualify (campus wide).
PLEASE SUBMIT APPLICATIONS BY 11:59 PM WEDNESDAY, Feb. 18th, 2015
Step 3: Interview
All applicants will be invited to have an interview with the Scholarship Selection Committee. The interview which consists of standard questions will last for approximately 15-20 minutes. It is recommended that students present themselves in a professional manner for the interview.
Step 3: Follow-up Meeting
All applicants who attend an interview will be invited back for a follow-up meeting. In this meeting, students will receive feedback from their interview which is an excellent opportunity to improve their skills before beginning job interviews after graduation. Applicants will also be informed whether or not they will be receiving a scholarship.
Step 4: Selection of Recipients
Award recipients are selected based on an overall rating of the ten items below. A scale of 1-5 will be used for each.
- Cover Letter
- Letters of Recommendation
- Response to Interview Questions
- Presentation of Self
- Financial Need
- Commitment to Mission of Job