On this page:
- WSU Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) Guidelines/Policies (PDF)
- IBC Meeting Schedule and Submission Deadline Dates (PDF)
NOTE: Amendments and Annual Reports are now completing using the RSP Gateway system. For an initial application, download and complete the form using Adobe Acrobat. Do not complete this form in the internet browser window.
- WSU Application for Approval of Activities Involving the Use of Biohazards (IBC Petition) (PDF)
- Biosafety Amendment
- Biosafety Annual Report
All Biosafety training can be completed through the Collaborative Institution Training Initiative (CITI) website. Mandatory training includes Lab Chemical Safety, Initial Biosafety Training, Hazardous Communication, and if the research involves human byproducts, OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen training. See the instruction document below for guidance on how to register for these courses.
For possible additional training requirements, please consult with the Department of Environmental Health and Safety
- Interstate Shipment of Etiologic Agents
- Additional Requirements for Facilities Transferring or Receiving Select Agents (42 CFR 72.6ff)
- NIH Guidelines for Research Involving Recombinant DNA (rDNA) Molecules
- Risk Group Classification for Infectious Agents (from the American Biological Safety Association)
- Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories (BMBL) (from CDC)
- Basic Rules for Biosafety (in English and Mandarin Chinese)- View guidelines in the Biosafety Manual on the Environmental Health & Safety website
Amanda Karper, Compliance Coordinator
937-775-3332 or email@example.com
Ellen Reinsch Friese, Interim Vice Provost for Research and Innovation
937-775-2709 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions pertaining to Radiation Safety should be directed to the Department of Environmental Health and Safety.