Wright State University provides life insurance benefits to employees that work at an FTE of 75% or higher. Our life insurance vendor is UNUM and there are three offerings:
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) – 100% paid by Wright State
- Supplement Term Life Insurance – Voluntary coverage for employees to increase the amount of their life insurance coverage.
- Dependent Life Insurance – Voluntary coverage for spouse and/or children.
During Open Enrollment, your current life insurance coverage and elections are noted at the bottom of Step 1 within the Online Enrollment.
Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
At no cost to you, Wright State will continue to provide Basic Life and AD&D Insurance as follows:
- Staff and fiscal faculty receive 2 times their base salary for Basic Life and AD&D insurance
- Academic Faculty receive 2.44 times their base salary for Basic Life and AD&D insurance
- The maximum benefit is $400,000
The beneficiaries you elect for this benefit must be listed on the UNUM Life Insurance form. Once received, it will remain in effect until replaced by a subsequent UNUM Life Insurance Form. If no form is ever received, any death benefit will be paid to your estate. If any issues arise, UNUM reserves the right to make payment to the first surviving family members in the following order: spouse, child(ren), mother and/or father, and sisters and/or brothers.
Supplemental Term Life Insurance
Wright State provides the opportunity for you to supplement your Basic Life insurance coverage with Term Life Insurance. You can elect coverage options of 1, 2, or 3 times your base salary up to a maximum of $300,000.