When considering the Voluntary Separation Program or Enhanced Appendix J, be sure to:
- Read the materials in the decision packet mailed to your home address.
- Review the 2021 Voluntary Separation Plan and/or Enhanced Appendix J Offer Plan documents and materials which are also located on the HR website.
- Contact STRS or ARP representatives for pertinent and relevant details about your retirement account and options.
- Consider seeking the advice of your financial, tax, and/or legal advisor before making a final decision. By law, the university can only provide factual information and can’t give any advice.
- Contact the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs and/or Human Resources if you have any questions about the program. Vice Provost office would have more familiarity with Appendix J and HR would have more familiarity with benefit-related questions.
- If applicable, you may wish to contact the Social Security Administration to be fully aware of your Social Security and Medicare retirement benefits.
- Sign and return your hardcopy election in person, via registered mail, or FileLocker to Human Resources, Monica Mack, or Sylvia Brockman no later than the end of the election window, which is 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 26, 2021. HR must receive all signed materials to accept your application.
- An HR representative will sign and stamp your application acknowledging receipt. You will be provided a copy.
- If electing to retire through the Voluntary Separation Plan or Enhanced Appendix J, finalize your retirement timely with STRS or your ARP vendor.
- Inform your Dean of your decision and work with your department to transition your responsibilities to other faculty members in advance of your separation date.
- Complete a Separation Clearance Form to ensure timeliness of sick and/or vacation payouts according to the university Employee Separation policy (8180).
This information provides details of this program available from Wright State University. More complete information about the offer can be found in the official plan documents. If there are any differences between this information and the official plan documents, the official plan documents shall govern.