Register by June 15
Accommodations must be approved by ODS before June 15 for housing assignments for the Fall Semester.
The Office of Disability Services (ODS) and Residence Life and Housing collaborate closely to ensure that students with disabilities receive appropriate campus housing accommodations. This housing request procedure requires that all students requesting housing accommodations on the basis of disability register with ODS and submit a request form. This procedure enables ODS and RLH to strategically plan and coordinate the appropriate accommodations in a timely, efficient manner. This policy aligns with university best practices around the country and will streamline the accommodation process significantly.
The housing accommodation form should be submitted annually by the deadlines specified below to assure accommodation requests can be processed before the beginning of the academic year.
Request Housing Accommodations
- Complete an online application for accommodations.
- Download the Housing Accommodations Request Form (PDF), complete the Student Section, and have your healthcare professional complete the last page.
- Return form to the Office of Disability Services (via mail, email, fax, or in-person).
- Attend your College Accommodation Plan meeting by June 15 for fall semester housing assignments.
Space permitting, requests submitted after the deadline may result in a delay or inability to receive a housing assignment that meets your accommodations. Please contact the Office of Disability Services at 937-775-5680 if you have any questions.
A service animal is an animal individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability. These tasks include but are not limited to guiding individuals with impaired vision; alerting individuals who are hearing impaired to intruders or sound; providing minimal protection or rescue work; pulling a wheelchair; or fetching dropped items.
Emotional Support Animals
For housing purposes at Wright State: An emotional support animal (ESA) is an animal selected to play an integral part of a person’s treatment process. The ESA must demonstrate a good temperament and reliable, predictable behavior. An ESA is not a service animal. Unlike a service animal, an ESA does not assist a person with a disability with activities of daily living, nor does it accompany a person with a disability at all times. An ESA is incorporated into a treatment process to assist in alleviating the symptoms of that individual’s disability. This treatment occurs within the person’s residence and therefore may be considered for access to university housing.
- Download the Request for ESA in University Housing Documentation Form (PDF).
- Complete the online application for accommodations and submit ESA Documentation Form to the Office of Disability Services. It can take up to 30 days to process and facilitate your ESA request once all documentation is received.
- An ODS staff member will email you to schedule an appointment.
- You will attend a meeting with your assigned case manager to review and sign the ESA guidelines and agreement. Bring vaccination records (if applicable). At this time, you will receive a link to an online housing form to provide information about the ESA.
- Once the form is submitted and reviewed, a notification will be sent to you via email of approval from Residence Life and Housing.
- At any time, if guidelines are not met, residents can be asked to remove their ESA.