The Career Exploration & Career Decision-Making
- Unclear about your interests, values, or skills?
- Trying to choose an academic major?
- Uncertain about your career direction?
- Just having a hard time getting started?
A Lifelong Process
Career exploration is an ongoing, lifelong process.
Professionals at all stages of life and success determine next steps by evaluating their:
- evaluating their interests, values, skills, and preferences
- researching the marketplace to identify opportunities for a career fit
- making informed choices
- implementing their decisions
Wright State Majors, Minors, & More
- Review Wright State Academic Majors to learn what academic preparation is available at Wright State University.
- Review the requirements of your desired major.
- Connect with an academic advisor in the selected department, who can guide you in developing a plan for completing your courses in a timely manner.
- With the advisor's assistance, identify a list of prerequisites and required courses.
- Plan to take courses in the appropriate sequence.
- Supplement your academic preparation with related co-ops, internships, research, student employment, volunteer activities, publications, presentations.