2015 Working with Millennials Speaker
The event featured Linda Gravett, Ph.D., SPHR, CEQC from Gravett and Associates. As co-author of Bridging the Generation Gap, Linda discussed how to enhance communication across the five generations in the workplace, focusing on her current extensive research on the youngest generation at work: millennials. She was joined at the event by a panel of students and young professionals. They discussed tailoring activities, such as onboarding, performance management and setting expectations, to different generations.
Dr. Linda Gravett, an industrial psychologist, is a business advisor, author, organizational development consultant and certified Emotional Intelligence coach Linda is the founder and senior partner of Gravett and Associates, an international Organizational Development consulting firm headquartered in Cincinnati, and the President/CEO of its subsidiary Just the Basics, Inc., which provides Human Resource Management services for nonprofits and small businesses. She is the author or co-author of books on generational differences, Emotional Intelligence, entrepreneurship and business ethics. Her next book, scheduled for release in summer 2015, is Learning Agility: The Competitive Advantage. Linda is a national speaker for professional organizations and conferences on all of these topics. Linda has a Ph.D. in Industrial Psychology, an MA in Labor and Employment Relations, and a Bachelor’s in Accounting.
Event Learning Objectives:
- Understand who the five workplace generations are in today’s workplace
- Learn the influencers and their impact at work on each of the generations
- Explore different communication approaches and needs across the generations
- Learn how each generation responds to various approaches to rewards and recognition
- Understand the diverse training and development needs of the different age groups in the workplace