2018 OELS Presentation
Thursday, March 29, 2018
Wright State University Nutter Center Berry Room
3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy., Dayton
- 7:30 - 8:30 a.m. Registration, Breakfast & Networking
- 8:30 - 9 a.m. Program Activities
- 9 - 11:30 a.m. Presentation
Cost (includes hot breakfast):
- $30 (early bird pricing until February 28)
- $35 (March 1 - 29)
- Students: $10 (call 937-775-2291 for the discount code)
What’s Your Story?: How To Use Storytelling To Lead Strategic Change
When vision and direction shift, you risk leaving people behind. Something gets lost between that brilliant new strategy and the people who have to make it real. They don’t understand and check out, fade away or underperform because they’re overwhelmed and underinformed.
Great leaders connect the dots through great storytelling. They map the message, going beyond bullet-points. They build a story that builds trust, gives purpose and inspires.
In this interactive presentation, you’ll learn how to:
- • Recognize the power of storytelling for making strategic change meaningful and personal
- • Use tools for framing your message to help your audiences understand the ‘why’ and ‘why it matters’
- • Apply universal storytelling elements like hero, hook and metaphor
- • Simplify information to be more memorable
- • Build rapport, trust and transparency through a well-crafted anecdote
- • Be more adaptive and connected in the delivery of information
Andy Eninger plunders techniques from the world of improvisation, comedy writing, consumer insights and marketing for an innovative and entertaining, experiential learning experience. He’s a storytelling expert, speaker and learning designer. He’s also a writer, comedian and was the head of the writing program for the famed comedy theater The Second City. He helps individuals and organizations connect to audiences by understanding, crafting and delivering their stories in a memorable way.
Andy has worked with hundreds of corporations, including Walmart, Procter & Gamble, Cigna, State Farm and many more. He’s traveled the world designing and delivering learning programs on collaborative leadership, executive presence, innovation and storytelling. For Second City Works, he’s spearheaded learning programs on storytelling, selling skills and diversity & inclusion.
Use the link below to register for this event!
Please note, the store will be offline from December 25, 2017 through December 29, 2017 for required maintenance by Wright State University.
The Organizational Effectiveness Lecture Series (OELS) is a professional development forum that focuses on cutting edge leadership, organizational, and HR practices. Our speakers share ideas about how to help people and organizations to discover, develop and achieve their highest potential.