Welcome to Wright State University! As a university, we value the innumerable contributions and many sacrifices made by our military and veteran students that help make academic freedoms possible.
Wright State's mission is to transform the lives of our students and the communities we serve. We are committed to achieving learning outcomes through innovative, high-quality programs for all students.
News & Announcements
News & Announcements
Attention Students Receiving Veterans Educational Benefits
The WSU Veteran & Military Center is now hiring 1-2 work study students beginning Summer semester 2014.
- General Position Description: VA Work Study Student Employees are hired to assist directly with the service of students requesting and/or receiving GI Bill education benefits. They perform a variety of duties such as filing, answering phone and e-mail inquires, front-desk customer service, in-processing appointments with veterans, military-connected students, and military dependents/spouses, and assisting the VA Assistant Director/Certifying Official and other staff members to ensure the correct and timely processing of paperwork and information to fulfill VA reporting requirements.
- Minimum Job Requirements: Applicants must:
- currently receive GI Bill benefits under Post 9/11, Post 9/11 Transfer of Entitlement, Vocational Rehabilitation or Chapters 30, 1606, 1607, 35;
- meet minimum standards of progress academically (2.0 GPA or higher); and
- be enrolled in a minimum of 9 undergraduate credits or 5 graduate credits in current and future terms, including summer term 2014.
- Preferred Qualifications: Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and keep up with federal legislation changes, strong customer service background, ability to effectively communicate federal and school policy via phone, e-mail or in-person, proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, ability to deliver high quality service to a diverse student population, possess a strong commitment to provide top-quality customer service to students. Successfully passed college level English and math and have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher. Ability to work breaks between terms and summer term.
- Position Details: Work student students are paid at the current minimum wage rate of $7.85 per hour. This position is considered an extension of your GI Bill benefits and is not taxable income. Typical work hours are Monday-Friday 8:30-5:00 and hours range from 5-20 per week. Limited number of interview slots to be completed by My.
- How to Apply: Please submit a one-page cover letter and resume to the WSU Veteran & Military Center via e-mail, fax, or in-person by Friday, May 2.
Wright State University
Veteran & Military Center
131 Allyn Hall
Phone: (937) 775-5550
Fax: (937) 775-3595
A new oral history class is using storytelling to connect Wright State student veterans with others who have served in the military, while helping older veterans relive decades-old experiences. Read more.
The WSU Veteran & Military Center is now hiring 1-2 work study students beginning Summer Semester 2014
See News & Announcements for more information