Transfer Services


Wright State University welcomes students interested in transferring from other accredited colleges and universities. Prepare to apply as a transfer applicant if you have attended college or university courses after graduating from high school.

Wright State places a high value on maintaining a diverse campus culture, inviting students with varied backgrounds and experiences.  Transfer students are a vital part of our campus community.

To help ease your transition to Wright State University, we've gathered some resources to guide you through the process. 

If you still have questions, please contact us at


  • I want to transfer to Wright State. How do I apply?

    To complete the Wright State application process, submit:

    1. Application for Undergraduate Admissions
    2. Transcripts from each college or university previously attended
    3. $30 non-refundable application fee (one-time fee; not required if previously paid)
    4. High school transcripts if you are one of the following:
      • A high school graduate from 1986 or before who is transferring with less than 9 semester hours (12 quarter hours).
      • A high school graduate from 1987 or after who is transferring with less than 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours).
  • Where can I find Wright State’s tuition and fees schedule?

    The Office of the Bursar maintains a current schedule at Rates are generally approved in the summer for the upcoming Fall term.

  • How is my transfer credit evaluated?

    The Office of the Registrar evaluates all transfer credits. Once your courses are evaluated, you will be able to review them on your DARS report through WINGS Express. You will need to log in with your University ID (UID) number and password, which you will receive after applying to Wright State.  For more information, please visit

  • Does my GPA from another school transfer to Wright State?

    Only your credits from another school will transfer to Wright State, not GPA. For more information, please visit  Please be advised, although not transferred, previous GPAs are considered for admissions to certain majors.  

  • How do I get my transfer courses reviewed?

    Meet with your academic advisor at Wright State. Print out the catalog descriptions of your courses and bring a syllabus with you. Your advisor will then request that the appropriate departments evaluate your courses.

  • I still have questions. Where can I get more information?

    Please send your questions to  We are happy to help!