Schedule an Appointment
All University College students are required to meet with an Academic Advisor each term for general advising related to adjustment to college issues and also for help in choosing courses consistent with goals, needs, and academic progress. During advising appointments, each semester, students will receive registration approval. Regular advising appointments are scheduled for half hour for continuing students and one hour for new students in order provide adequate time to ensure students are on track, enrolled in the correct sequence of classes, and on target for moving into a major.
Advisors do not maintain their own appointment calendars, so students must come in to 101 Student Success Center to schedule an advising appointment or call the appointment desk (937) 775-5750.
When scheduling an appointment, please have the following information available:
- Your Wright State University User ID# (UID)
- Your calendar for the days and times available to meet with your advisor
Register for Classes
After meeting with an academic advisor and receiving approval to register for classes, students may register using WINGS Express on or after their registration date. Advisor approval does not guarantee availability of classes or exemption from prerequisite courses. Students should refer to their degree audit (DARS) to ensure registration for the appropriate courses.
The university registration schedule is based on priority and hours earned. For registration dates, students should refer to the Registrar's website or their WINGS Express account.
How to register using WINGS Express
Online registration is via WINGS Express. The WINGS Resource Center provides step by step instruction on how to navigate WINGS Express and register for classes. For WINGS Express login, students must have their University User ID (UID) and PIN Number. Students who are experiencing problems or have concerns should contact the CaTS Help Desk at (937) 775-4827, toll free (1-888-775-4827) or email@example.com.
On selected days and times, the office will handle walk-ins during Open Advising. Unlike regular advising appointments, walk-in advising is for quick questions that can be answered in short increments of no more than 15 minutes. Students will meet with their assigned advisor, but will have limited discussion time.
- Walk-in Advising is designed for quick registration approval and/or short questions. Express Advising DOES NOT replace an advising appointment.
- Open Advising is NOT recommended for first time appointments or for students on probation.
- Open Advising is available only to students currently enrolled at Wright State University.
- Open Advising in on a first come, first served basis.
How do I use Open Advising?
- Check in at the front desk in 101 Student Success Center.
- The receptionist will verify the availability of your assigned advisor and add your name to the wait list ONLY if time is availability.
Things to Remember
- Walk-in appointments may require more than an hour wait during heavy registation periods.
- All advisor appointments are in 101 Student Success Center.
- Advisors do not conduct advising over the phone or email during Open Advising.