Our mission is to provide access, guidance, and academic support to students in a nurturing, diverse, respectful, and supportive environment that assists students in making a successful transition to college and appropriate majors, while developing the foundations of civic engagement and lifelong learning.
We believe in:
- Approaching lifelong learning from a holistic perspective by fostering self-reliance, promoting independence, encouraging critical thinking, and helping students discover who they are, where they are going and how to get there.
- Nurturing our students, but not enabling them. Ultimately, students must be accountable for their academic decisions and success.
- Creating professional, community-oriented atmosphere that respects individuals for their uniqueness, diverse thoughts, viewpoints, and life experiences.
- Building mutual, interactive relationships with colleagues throughout the university and the Miami Valley, thereby contributing to our students' increased opportunities to prosper in college and beyond.
- Learning from our peers and equipping ourselves with the necessary resources and tools to help our students achieve significant milestones in their academic careers.
- Instilling in our students a sense of responsibility to self, others and the community as a whole.