Undergradute Apply Banner
Transferring to Wright State is a decision hundreds of students make every year.
To complete the Wright State application process, submit:
- Application for Undergraduate Admissions
- Transcripts from each college or university previously attended
- $30 application fee non-refundable application fee (one-time fee; not required if previously paid)
- High school transcripts if you are one of the following:
- A high school graduate from 1986 or before who is transferring with less than 12 quarter hours (nine semester hours).
- A high school graduate from 1987 or after who is transferring with less than 45 quarter hours (30 semester hours)
Here’s what you need to know to get started:
- Plan to complete the application process at least four to six weeks before semester you wish to attend. Once we have received all required documents, it takes two to three weeks to process an application
- You are considered a transfer student if you have earned a high school diploma (or equivalent) and attempted 12 or more quarter credit hours (nine semester hours) at a regionally accredited college.
- Transfer students with at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA (4.0 scale) from the last institution attended are eligible to apply for unconditional admission. Students with a GPA below a 2.0 should refer to the admission petition section.
- If you have 60 credits hours or more, you will need to meet the pre-requisites for admissions to your major, including the GPA requirement. Be sure to review the requirements before applying.
- Be sure to list all colleges and universities that you have attended on your application
If you are transferring 30 or more semester hours (45 or more quarter hours), you must list a major on your application.
Learn more about choosing a major.
Application materials should be submitted to:
Wright State University
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy.
Dayton, OH 45435-0001
If you prefer, printable application forms (PDF) are available. If you would like an application mailed to you, please call us at (937) 775-5700.
It will take up to three weeks to process the application once all required items are received.
- Deadline to apply for Spring Semester 2014 is: January 10, 2014 (Note: Petition Deadline is December 15, 2013)
Track your application status online once you receive your UID and PIN.
Attention male students: A law passed by the Ohio Assembly requires state universities to charge nonresident fees to male (Ohio) students who have not registered with the Selective Service. In addition, Selective Service registration is linked to many federal and state benefits, including eligibility for federal student loans and grants.
Federal law requires virtually all men to register with Selective Service within 30 days of turning 18. Males who have not registered with the Selective Service may register online at the Selective Service System Website or go to any U.S. Post Office.
If you have registered but have lost your Selective Service number, call the Selective Service System at (708) 688-6888 between 8:30 a.m. and 6:45 p.m., Monday through Friday, and a duplicate card will be sent within ten days. For additional information, please visit the Selective Service System Web site.
Wright State University does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, sex (including gender identity/expression), color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, genetic (DNA) information, veteran status, military status, or sexual orientation. We take affirmative action to recruit and assist members of various racial or ethnic groups, women, Vietnam-era veterans, and persons with disabilities whose ability to achieve academic success might otherwise be unrecognized because of cultural barriers. Our policy is consistent with the various federal and Ohio statutes that prohibit discrimination.
Apply Online Now!
ACT & SAT Codes
ACT & SAT Codes
Wright State's ACT code: 3295
Wright State's SAT code: 1179